Version 2 customization possibilities

dotyp / 2013-03-02 07:28:22   

Hi everyone,

I'm brand new to Indexhibit and haven't done any website building or coding before. I know exactly how I want my portfolio site to look, but am not sure if I can get there with a) the lack of themes and plugins for V2 and b) my lack of coding knowledge. In essence, I want a centered website with slideshows sandwiched between my logo/name on top and a horizontal drop-down menu beneath. I've uploaded an image of this concept onto the main page of my site: patrickdoty.com.

I've been browsing the forum for a couple days and don't really know where to start if the default theme is the only option available. I'd greatly appreciate any advice!

Also, I installed one of the beta slideshow plugins and can't get the slideshow to go past the first image.

arsondpi / 2013-03-02 08:08:14   

Hello!

What you're after in the about page, will need coding skills.
So, you either make this into a challenge and learn code basics (that's ow I learned) or you get someone to help you out.
I guess you can use the Columner theme as a starting point (search for it in the Customize section of this forum)

Last but not least I've gone through your exhibits and I didn't find anything using the slideshow plugin. It's hard to tell if you don't post a page url with an example...

dotyp / 2013-03-02 15:30:02   

Thanks for your response!

Can I still use the Columner theme with Indexhibit 2? That's what I was thinking, but the Columner website says to install the theme at /ndxz-studio/site/, but in my FTP viewer, there is no "site" folder under "ndxzstudio." How would I install the theme?

My mistake... I've uploaded a few images under the exhibit titled "Swimming Holes" ... again, the images are there (at least in theory), but the slideshow navigation is not functional.

Thanks!

arsondpi / 2013-03-02 15:54:59   

Although still a beta: indexhibit.org/forum/thread/17627/
This is the Columner for Version2.

dotyp / 2013-03-02 16:02:57   

Okay, I figured out how to install the Columner theme. And now I have a boatload of customization questions, i.e. how to move the columns under the images/slideshows, how to increase spacing between columns, how to shift my logo/name to the left, and how to move things to the center of the page. In other words, most of my questions concern how to move things around ... I don't suppose there's a quick answer to this? I'm fine learning some code, but would be grateful if someone pointed me in the right direction.

Also, the slideshow still isn't working.

arsondpi / 2013-03-03 08:16:39   

Well mostly it a combination of css and html coding tricks and skills.
It does come down to searching the web and doing some reading, preferably with specific questions. Then you can apply what you learned much easier...

This thread has been closed, thank you.