one menu expanding

erik / 2013-03-18 22:04:04   

i want a section "magazines" in my menu, that expands with my publications in it.
this should be the only thing to expand. i tried to find this ross cairns script-link, but it seems like it´s gone. i built my whole site without the need to ask a question, -
everything was posted here before. but i can´t find anything on this issue.
any ideas? thanx

Vaska A / 2013-03-18 23:25:04   

What? Only one thing expanding? And what about the others?

Logically, only things that need to expand will expand. IF, you have nothing in a section then it has no reason to expand.

erik / 2013-03-19 11:01:16   

Thank u vaska, this is the site: erichkronsteiner.com

so, my projects (varvara, tuzla etc..) will not expand: there are only photos inside. right? now i want a magazines-section(to expand) with some different exhibits inside. how do i make that?? it seems i just need a regular expanding menus code. but where to find? is there a link for dummies on the forum that still works? thanx

arsondpi / 2013-03-19 11:41:19   

I may be a workaround but I would create section exhibits for the non expanding exhibits and also a magazine section exhibit with other exhibits inside it.
I would then edit the options of Indexpand and exclude all sections from expanding except the magazine section...

erik / 2013-03-19 16:36:42   

thats what I want to do! but I work with volume 1..
so i need a script for expanding menus, just cant find...

arsondpi / 2013-03-19 20:05:45   

oops sorry my mistake. Then you need to somehow customize the existing script for the legacy version to do just that... It's not that hard if you search the jquery documentation.

pagehall / 2013-03-19 21:56:39   

Erik were you able to figure out how to do this? I am also interested.

Vaska A / 2013-03-19 22:31:22   

With v2 you can do this easily via the options for Indexpand - Admin > Plugins > Indexhibit options.

pagehall / 2013-03-19 23:38:08   

It does it for all sections. I only want one section to use indexpand.

erik / 2013-03-20 14:56:14   

v2 is too hot for me, I made a couple of customizations.. I wll upgrade anyway this
year, but no time for that at the moment. for now I just wanna change this one thing. so I will hold on to jquery documentation.. @vaska: could you tell me how I do this vor v1? thanx :)

lemathieu A / 2013-03-20 15:42:08   

Hello Erik,
if i remember well, it was possible "easily" to select wich section you wanted to be collapsible with v1

1. $(document).ready(function() { 
  2.    setTimeout('move_up()', 1); 
  3.    expandingMenu(0); 
  4.    expandingMenu(1); 
  5.    expandingMenu(3); 
  6. });

Each number represent the section you want to be collapsible (1st section is 0).
So in my example you will have the 1st, 2nd and 4th menu to be collapsible, but not the 3rd.

By the way, you don't have the expanding script linked in your template's index.php.
You have to place the script in your /ndxz-studio/site/js/ folder and to link it as you see other scripts linked lines 24-25.

And if you don't find this script on the forum, grab it here.

erik / 2013-03-22 19:59:23   

Thank you mathieu! sorry, still don´t get it right - I´,m a total newbie to html, as
I built my site 3 years ago, and never touched it again..

So: I grabed the exüanding script and put it in the js folder.
Where do I put the code that you posted?
And how do I link it? It seems I´m not supposed to change the lines 24-25 in the expanding script, I guess?

arsondpi / 2013-03-23 11:19:03   

Mathieu is referring to the index.php of your theme. Edit it and add the code above.
Find

1. <script type='text/javascript'>
  2. path = 'erichkronsteiner.com/files/gimgs/';
  3. $(document).ready(function()
  4. {
  5.     setTimeout('move_up()', 1);
  6. });
  7. </script>

and make it into

1. <script type='text/javascript'>
  2. path = 'erichkronsteiner.com/files/gimgs/';
  3. $(document).ready(function() { 
  4.    setTimeout('move_up()', 1); 
  5.    expandingMenu(0); 
  6.    expandingMenu(1); 
  7.    expandingMenu(3); 
  8. });
  9. </script>
erik / 2013-03-26 08:19:17   

OK, arsondpi I changed my index.php (in ndxz-studio/site/sample). And I got the script in my js-folder. But how do I link the expanding script to my index.php? I looked at some scripts at the lines 24-25 but they´re all different.. :-/

lemathieu A / 2013-03-26 08:27:54   

Hello Erik,

You should add it like that in your template index.php

1. <script type='text/javascript' src='<%baseurl%><%basename%>/site/js/expandingMenus.js'></script>

Put it after line 17 of your index, where you will see

1. <![endif]-->

erik / 2013-03-26 08:47:36   

hello mathieu!

my index.php looks like that now (lines 16-29):

1. <![endif]--><script type='text/javascript' src='<%baseurl%><%basename%>/site/js/expandingMenus.js'></script>
  2. <plug:front_lib_css />
  3. <plug:front_dyn_css />
  4.  path = 'erichkronsteiner.com/files/gimgs/';
  5.     $(document).ready(function() { 
  6.        setTimeout('move_up()', 1); 
  7.  expandingMenu(1); 
  8.     });
  9.     </script>

my magazines-section is the 2nd so I set it on expandingMenu(1);
still nothing´s expanding...

lemathieu A / 2013-03-26 08:54:12   

Oh, I didn't see at first glance, but you erased things from the original index.php :

Add this (and let space around things, eg : make a line break between the ![endif] and the code I gave you sooner) :

1. <script type='text/javascript' src='<%baseurl%><%basename%>/site/js/jquery.js'>
  2. </script>
  3. <script type='text/javascript' src='<%baseurl%><%basename%>/site/js/cookie.js'></script>

erik / 2013-03-26 12:03:32   

IT´S MAGIC!!! -- works --

Finally I got it. Thank you so much, guys. You do a great job! I could have never done that without this forum. One last thing (if you stil got the nerve..)

1. Now only my second section "commission" is expanding. What if want my first section "projects" to expand too? I already tried to add
  2. expandingMenu(0);  in my index.php but nothing happend..  ??

erik / 2013-03-26 15:20:13   

Thanx again, everything works, I´m happy with my site now!
All the best, erik

This thread has been closed, thank you.