Visual Index/ Permalink - where to post link to image?

oila / 2013-03-27 11:50:47   

Dear Folks,

I am searching around the forum- but where the hell do i insert the links to the images I display in the Visual Index Format/Permalink?

Here is the website: The hyperlinks of the images on the first site just show a 404-error...

Thanks for hints!
Best,
laura

oila / 2013-03-27 13:50:03   

Hey,

I just realized that it is the main/actual page, so there is no permalink that indexhibit can create by itself, as when used on a category-site where it autocreates permalinks to the subcategories ( I don't know if my description is understandable..., but here is how it works normally on a category-site:

So maybe that is a problem that just occures when using the Visual Index/Permalink Format on the classical "about this site"-site?

Anyone has an idea how to solve this?

Thanks,
laura

Vaska A / 2013-03-27 16:21:31   

How are you using Indexhibit 2 since your account has not purchased or requested it from our website?

CarlosB / 2013-07-02 16:25:44   

Was this issue ever resolved? I can't seem to figure out where to insert the link for my index in the main page. Any help would be very much appreciated!

the website is: carlosbrillembourgarchitects.com/

Thank you!

Vaska A / 2013-07-02 16:40:43   

Carlos, I believe you need to set the 'media source' to 'section' or 'all' on the main page. Then, it should work...

Vaska A / 2013-07-02 16:46:07   

Wow, Carlos - you have some nice work.

CarlosB / 2013-07-02 17:05:17   

Hi Vaska,

Thank you so much for your prompt reply! It works! Except I was wondering if there's a way to modify the selection of the images displayed on the index (for example in the 'all' media source instead of having all projects to have a selection) or even put links to an 'exhibit' media source.

Thank you so much for all the help and for creating Indexhibit (it's great even for people like us who don't have any knowledge in website design :)

Vaska A / 2013-07-02 17:33:53   

There is a way to do that which is sort of custom - and a little bit of work.

Because you have many sections already you don't want to use the 'section' option for media source on your main page - it just won't work.

But, you can create exhibits in the main section and do the following:

- create Exhibit Links (in the main section)
- title with the name of your project you want to link to
- input the correct url to the corresponding exhibit
- upload one corresponding image for the project
- hide them from index via Page Options
- publish

Now, if you have the main page media source set to 'section' it will show all of these exhibits with links to the projects. This way, you can customize which projects appear on the main page in whatever order you wish.

Does that make sense?

CarlosB / 2013-07-02 18:32:13   

Thank you so much Vaska! I'll try this and let you know how it goes!
many many thanks!

CarlosB / 2013-07-02 19:28:01   

Vaska it worked! Thank you so much for all your help and patience!
Really appreciate it and you are truly a star for replying to everyone's questions!

Vaska A / 2013-07-02 19:29:46   

Cool. You should probably put the setting so they don't open in a new window.

Happy to hear it's good.

Thanks

CarlosB / 2013-07-02 19:45:31   

Thank you Vaska!
*and thank you for your suggestion..I actually tried to set it to off (so it doesn't open in a new window) but when I do that the link doesn't work and this message shows up: Not Found-The requested URL /pine-street/ was not found on this server.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong--since I only change it from on to off--and then it stops working (but when it's on the link works fine). I also played around with having iframe on and off (but that didn't make it work either). If you have any suggestions or could point me to the right direction, it would be very much appreciated (once again)!

Vaska A / 2013-07-02 19:58:43   

Hmmm...looks like a bug. Can I login to your Indexhibit and take a look at something?

Also, can you enable clean url's? There is to tutorial about this in the Help section...

You can send me the login at:

contact at indexhibit dot org

Vaska A / 2013-07-02 22:50:21   

There was a bug in Visual Index - fixed it in the source code.

This thread has been closed, thank you.