under Admin "Enable" and "Update" reset the page

heegrimm / 2013-03-27 18:30:07   

Hi, I have a problem with a clean install of Indexhibit 2.0.1. on my computer (I'm working with an iMac and Mac OS X Lion. I've Apache enabled, the latest MySQL installed and running, PHP5 is enabled).

Namely whenever I make my changes under the Admin tab, any changes (change the time or date, date format, some value or name in any field or try to enable a plugin) and hit 'UPDATE' it resets the page. In case of Plugins - when I hit 'ENABLE' the page resets the same way, even after prompting if I'm sure. I click OK to such a prompt and it still resets the page.

Detailed description of my problem, tab-by-tab:
Under Admin/Theme I cannot change anything - 'Update' button resets the page.
Under the Formats tab I cannot enable any of the listed formats - 'Enable' button resets the page.
Under Plugins the same happens as with Formats - 'Enable' resets the page.
Under Settings, the 'Update' button resets the page and removes any and all of my changes.
Under Sections I can rearrange them, but 'Update' clears any of my changes. What is strange is that when I choose to 'Create New Section' I can, and if I click 'Update' in the end - a new section is added to the list, but if I try to Edit it - I cannot because 'Update' resets the page.
I can add new Tags, though and they will appear after I manually reload the page.
Under Users tab I cannot Edit anything for the same reason. Update clears changes.

I reinstalled the whole thing but with same results.

What's up with that? What Am I doing wrong? :(

Vaska A / 2013-03-27 19:15:14   

How are you using Indexhibit 2 if your account has not purchased or requested it from our site?

heegrimm / 2013-03-27 23:58:27   

I bought the licence in August, but had to put my website tinkering plans on hold. I probably used another e-mail, if that's what you're ID'ing my account by.

Do I need to go a verification process, before I can troubleshoot my problem? I'll shoot you a mail with the transaction ID, hope that'll clear it up õ_õ

Vaska A / 2013-03-28 09:39:29   

Ok, you have another account - understood (I have your email). We want to know though because it we are providing help based upon that.

Your other account is: edited
And the email address is: edited

I will edit this after you get logged in...

kspr / 2013-03-28 10:09:07   

Hey, OK, logged in with this one.

Vaska A / 2013-03-28 11:45:17   

It sounds to me like your database isn't allowing you to update.

We don't have much support on personal installations like this because there is so much that could not be correct with your setup. I can only guess about what's not right...

kspr / 2013-03-28 12:41:20   

Hmm, what you say makes sense, but I should have all the permissions set for the database - I'll recheck it.

Is it possible to change the database Indexhibit's connected to?

arsondpi / 2013-03-28 13:03:52   

Is it possible to change the database Indexhibit's connected to?

yes but it's like installing indexhibit from scratch.

kspr / 2013-03-28 13:09:06   

I did exactly that, reinstalled it from scratch. Prior to reinstalling it I created a brand new database - I'm using Sequel Pro for database management - and set the user as root. Root has all the privileges as well. Same results...

kspr / 2013-03-28 13:30:10   

Hmm, but isn't the 'Preferences' tab tied to the database?
There I can change my name or the password etc and update it without any problems...

Vaska A / 2013-03-28 14:35:04   

I don't know...

You can update the Preferences page but not the Theme page - both are updating the database directly without anything else.

It's nearly impossible for me to support a setup that is not really standard hosting - so many possible things could be wrong.

kspr / 2013-03-28 15:01:18   

Oh well. I guess I'll get back to this after I get online hosting.

Does anybody know of anyone who has got an offline setup running seamlessly on a Mac?

Through google I found a bunch of old threads that deal with similar problems but run into a dead-end - by now you'd have a whole list of wrong set-ups, narrowing it down for future tries.

Vaska A / 2013-03-28 15:45:42   

Yes, me. And tons of people...

MAMP is not updated anymore and does work if you know how to setup the server. XAMPP, I know nothing about it.

The best way is with built-in PHP on OS X but you do need to understand how to set it up.

This thread has been closed, thank you.