Image quality

laurendunn / 2013-03-29 10:47:34   

When I upload an image to a section (in the case Idle Moves page) it appears to be of poor quality, however when I upload the exact image to my Main>Background the quality is ideal. Am I doing something wrong? I've left both images uploaded and public so you can see.

Thank you.
girlsonbikes.net

Vaska A / 2013-03-29 10:54:07   

An update is coming that can help with this. There are two factors happening here though...

1 - the standard GD library used on the server doesn't do a great job resizing images and reproducing color. It's a problem that we can not control. Which is why we will be releasing an update that uses a different image handling library.

2 - in some cases people can improve image quality by changing how they output them from their app. This is a bit complicated and I've never understood what people were really doing.

Your background image is not resized which is why it looks identical to the original.

laurendunn / 2013-03-29 11:15:38   

Thanks.

Would it be possible to change the code so that images uploaded onto the sections are treated the same way as the images uploaded onto the main background?

Vaska A / 2013-03-29 11:16:19   

No, because it's simply not the same process.

As I've mentioned, a solution to this is coming.

laurendunn / 2013-03-29 11:19:34   

Thanks again.

Any idea when this solution will be available?

Vaska A / 2013-03-29 11:21:30   

When I stop answering questions in here for a few days and focus on it - I'm way late already. I hoped this week...and the week before...now I'm praying for next week (it's really that close).

;)

laurendunn / 2013-04-03 01:17:00   

Hey, sorry to pester you but will you let us know once this solution is ready? I'm waiting on it to complete my website. Thanks :)

laurendunn / 2013-04-21 06:02:23   

Hi can you please let me know if this has been updated? thanks

laurendunn / 2013-05-02 09:42:05   

Hi can you please let me know if this has been updated? thanks

jonathangrevsen / 2013-05-05 20:47:10   

I am pretty sure, that we all will know, once there is a solution to this. Patience is the key here. But I think that it is possible to achieve a good result with the current version. The best result I have seen is not, when saving the image to quality for web, but when exported in JPG highest quality in sRGB color profile. Export the images in the size that you need and choose full size in Indexhibit settings. This way I think the library dont have to resize the images. I dont know much about this, so see it at as suggestions from user experience, rather than expert knowledge.

This thread has been closed, thank you.