inserting text window does not appear

twnious / 2013-04-23 11:13:30   

hello everyone!
do you know why the inserting text window does not appear when editing a section?
I cannot write anything or post fotos (as you would in a normal blog post)
I only see
Section Name Required Folder Name Required Hide Section Section Organization Password Section Section Object
what am i doing wrong?
i appreciate any help!!!

arsondpi / 2013-04-23 11:46:07   

Hello!
What's your url address?

twnious / 2013-04-23 12:04:45   

geia.. thanks for the immediate responce.
the url is to-pa.net
apparently i found it,(amature dummy me) but the problem i am experiencing now is that, for example, in the about section the text i have inserted does not appear on the site when i click on it.It is not hidden in the sections menu and published of course...

Generally, what is the relation between images that i upload directly from indexhibit and the ones i upload to my webhost (hostgator through filezilla)

arsondpi / 2013-04-23 13:07:12   

Γειά σου και σένα,

You need to go to Admin > Plugins > and disable Expanding Menus v1.0
If you still want expanding menus then go to the Plugins section on the left and download/install the Indexpand plugin - many more features and more versatile.

The images uploaded with indexhibit go through the database - thus thumbnails and different sizes are generated automatically. Stuff you upload with you ftp application are simply uploaded to your server.

twnious / 2013-04-23 13:30:43   

I did disable Expanding Menus v1.0, but i don't see the Indexpand plugin.. There is no option to download anything apart from the ones listed as default.
the thing is that in the about menu, where i have inserted a text-bio, the link doesn't work. I get a screen saying 404 error, while i see the page normally in the preview after editing it. to-pa.net/about/about-me/
The same thing is happening in every exhibit i click on.
χαμός! και πάλι ευχαριστώ..

twnious / 2013-04-23 13:34:24   
even in the blog exhibit, where i have integrated my tumblr page, i get tha same 404 not found message..
i used this code for the tumblr blog

itemsToShow : 10; Number of Tumblr posts to retrieve; imageSize : 100; shortPublishDate : true

twnious / 2013-04-23 13:38:04   

update: indexpand plugin found

arsondpi / 2013-04-23 13:47:15   

Try to set publish Off and then On again.
See if this works.
Also did you enable Clean URLs correctly?

twnious / 2013-04-23 15:18:32   

no,links (sections) still not working. It keeps giving the 404 error message.

here:

Path
to-pa.net/…
Section Name Folder Name Hide Section Section Organization Password Section Section Object

folder name: needs to be a reference to a folder i should have created in hostgator? I guess not, but i cannot think of anything else.

Clean URLs are enabled correctly i think. I followed the instruction on indexhibit.org, opened the options.php in Dreamweaver and corrected the false to true. Then replaced the file through Filezilla.

arsondpi / 2013-04-23 15:37:06   

Oh... Dreamweaver. Sometimes DW autocorrects things and thus messes up the code. Try a simple code editor...
I do need to mention that I've installed on Hostgator servers many times and haven't had any issues up to now.

twnious / 2013-04-23 17:14:11   

hello again,
sorry but i cannot find a solution to my problem yet.
the links (sections) do not work.
i have created the folder "projects" in the public_html folder in hostgator and the subfoler "hope-mill-studios" inside.
i create the section projects, and then i create the exhibit hop mill studios under projects.
i insert the description text in the exhibit, publish it, make it visible, i see it in the preview and the edit menu...
BUT the link still does not show the exhibit as i see it in the preview.
Insead i get this to-pa.net/projects/hope-mill-studios/

what's wrong? i'm lost

arsondpi / 2013-04-23 17:51:23   

I'm confused.
You should login here: to-pa.net/ndxzstudio/
You can add sections from Admin > Sections
You can add exhibit from the main page in the backend - there's a Create link

Creating folders in your server with your ftp application does not have anything with the structure of your site.

twnious / 2013-04-23 18:16:47   

"Creating folders in your server with your ftp application does not have anything with the structure of your site."
perfect, that's what i had in mind too, and that's what i did.
The links didn't work so i started thinking about creating folders through hostgator too.
But it just doesn't work...i see the 404 error page from hostgator.
No text, no images in the exhibit, nothing.....
this link to-pa.net/projects/hope-mill-studios/ is supposed to include a text and 2 fotos that describe the project hope Mill Studios

does it make any sense to you?

twnious / 2013-04-23 18:22:50   

could it be a problem with the mySQL database?
Since everything went ok through the indexhibit installation, there shouldn't be a problem, no?

Vaska A / 2013-04-23 18:29:38   

What is going on here? In one sentence what problem are you trying to solve right now?

twnious / 2013-04-23 18:32:34   

in one sentence the problem is that exhibits do not show on my page.

if you might click on this link, you will see what someone gets when clicking on an exhibit
to-pa.net/projects/hope-mill-studios/

twnious / 2013-04-23 18:34:02   

it is a "404 error page not found" from hostgator

Vaska A / 2013-04-23 18:34:18   

Yes, because you need to setup your mod_rewrite/htaccess so it works. There is information about this in the Help section. If your host does not allow mod_rewrite then simply disable it altogether on your setup.

twnious / 2013-04-23 18:35:30   

you mean the clean urls?

Vaska A / 2013-04-23 18:35:46   

Yes.

twnious / 2013-04-23 18:45:06   

i did that...

// mod_rewrite is being used?
// in case the server does not have mod_rewrite
define('MODREWRITE', true);

that's what is in the options.php file

First, make sure that you have changed the name of the "htaccess" file that ships with Indexhibit to ".htaccess" (with the opening .).
this is not possible. It doesn't allow me to rename it with "." in the begining

sorry if my questions seem dump, but i am a total amature in this...

Vaska A / 2013-04-23 18:46:07   

If it won't, then your host does not allow htaccess (and mod_rewrite).

That is a question for your webhost - it is beyond what Indexhibit does.

twnious / 2013-04-23 18:46:46   

htaccess rules:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
RewriteRule ^(.+) - [PT,L]
RewriteRule ^(.+) index.php

where do i see this?

i cannot open the file "htaccess" to see anything whatsoever

twnious / 2013-04-23 18:54:38   

:))
i did it....finally
i had to rename the htaccess file directly through Filezilla.
i was trying it in windows and then i wanted to replace it in Filezilla but it didn't work that way.
sorry for all the questions!
you were great

This thread has been closed, thank you.