struggling to edit index.php file

Indexhibit version: Legacy
Thread is not resolved.

lwilkie
UK
13 month(s) ago
Permalink Post

Hi there,
Apologies for the very basic question, but...

I am hoping to install Lazy Load to make my page load quicker:
lillianwilkie.co.uk/…

I have downloaded the .js file and put it in the JavaScript folder. I understand from the instructions that I now need to add code to my index.php file.
When I open /public_html/index.php AND /public_html/ndxz-studio/index.php in FileZilla I expect to see the code I see when viewing my page source, but I actually get some generic 'Welcome to Indexhibit' style code. As a result I have no idea where to add the code to enable Lazy Load. Essentially I feel like I can't find my real index.html file!

I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the fact that I have a splash page? I would LOVE to get rid of the splash page, but I can't figure that out either even though I've deleted the image file from FileZilla. Very confused.

Thanks for any help at all!

arsondpi
GREECE
13 month(s) ago
Permalink Post

You need to use a code editor.
Coda is excellent for this sort of thing but it's not free...
Also the file to edit is ndxz-studio/site/sample/index.php - the rest you mentioned above only share the same name but have different functionality.

lwilkie
UK
13 month(s) ago
Permalink Post

Thank you, that's helpful. When I open sample/index.php in Text Edit it just says:

Is it the case that when I open this file in a code editor I will see the full code to edit?

In the past I have always edited code using a Text Editor and re-uploaded. What makes this one different?

Thanks!

lwilkie
UK
13 month(s) ago
Permalink Post

sorry, it says this:

1. <%obj_itop%> <%obj_ibot%>
Vaska A
UNITED STATES
13 month(s) ago
Permalink Post

There is nothing different - except that you aren't doing something properly. Use a good code editor and you will see the code.

lwilkie
UK
13 month(s) ago
Permalink Post

Ok.... are you prepared to suggest what I could be doing wrong? I edited my style.css sheet just the other day in the same way and that seemed fine. Seems to just be an issue with the sample/index.php file.

arsondpi
GREECE
13 month(s) ago
Permalink Post

The fact that you're not seeing the php and html code has most possibly have to do with that you're not using a code editor.

Showing 1 - 7 of 7 posts in Forum » Customize » struggling to edit index.php file

This thread has been closed, thank you.