struggling to edit index.php file

Indexhibit version: Legacy
Thread is not resolved.

lwilkie
UK
2 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Hi there,
Apologies for the very basic question, but...

I am hoping to install Lazy Load to make my page load quicker:
lillianwilkie.co.uk/…

I have downloaded the .js file and put it in the JavaScript folder. I understand from the instructions that I now need to add code to my index.php file.
When I open /public_html/index.php AND /public_html/ndxz-studio/index.php in FileZilla I expect to see the code I see when viewing my page source, but I actually get some generic 'Welcome to Indexhibit' style code. As a result I have no idea where to add the code to enable Lazy Load. Essentially I feel like I can't find my real index.html file!

I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the fact that I have a splash page? I would LOVE to get rid of the splash page, but I can't figure that out either even though I've deleted the image file from FileZilla. Very confused.

Thanks for any help at all!

arsondpi
GREECE
2 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

You need to use a code editor.
Coda is excellent for this sort of thing but it's not free...
Also the file to edit is ndxz-studio/site/sample/index.php - the rest you mentioned above only share the same name but have different functionality.

lwilkie
UK
2 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Thank you, that's helpful. When I open sample/index.php in Text Edit it just says:

Is it the case that when I open this file in a code editor I will see the full code to edit?

In the past I have always edited code using a Text Editor and re-uploaded. What makes this one different?

Thanks!

lwilkie
UK
2 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

sorry, it says this:

1. <%obj_itop%> <%obj_ibot%>
Vaska A
UNITED STATES
2 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

There is nothing different - except that you aren't doing something properly. Use a good code editor and you will see the code.

lwilkie
UK
2 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Ok.... are you prepared to suggest what I could be doing wrong? I edited my style.css sheet just the other day in the same way and that seemed fine. Seems to just be an issue with the sample/index.php file.

arsondpi
GREECE
2 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

The fact that you're not seeing the php and html code has most possibly have to do with that you're not using a code editor.

Showing 1 - 7 of 7 posts in Forum » Customize » struggling to edit index.php file

This thread has been closed, thank you.