Indexhibit
Index + Exhibit

Login:

Created by
Daniel Eatock
Jeffery Vaska
And You

Indexhibit was updated to version 2.1.4 on April 10, 2017.

Unable to upload pictures!?

Indexhibit version: Legacy
Thread is not resolved.

Lilith
DENMARK
9 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

I know there are plenty of threads about this problem and mostly it's not exhibit. But i'm hoping someone can help me, it's a long time since i've used coding. Permissions are all right: 777 on both gimgs and files. The files manager works perfectly fine. I've tried uploading serveral pictures in .jpg both large and small. Every time i press 'upload' it starts uploading (or so it seems in the browser), but it suddenly stop and leaves the image uploading-area blank (no buttons or text). And beneath it says: No images. When i refresh the page the 'choose archive' + 'upload'-buttons +"Filetypes: jpg, png and gif only.
Max File Size: 12 MB"-text reappear, but it never works.
Since I don't remember much coding the only thing I've changed is the style.css and things within the exhibit, so I dont understand why this doesn't work.

Thanks.
Page: www.lllh.dk

Eloisa A
SPAIN
9 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

There are a few tricks that you can try; this is what i come up with from the top of my head based on my experience:

- make sure that the extension is lowercase (.jpg instead of .JPG)
- Make sure that the characters in the name are all latin (no weird danish letters!!)
- some cameras create special jpgs that can cause trouble up-loading. Re-save them with photoshop, and try again
- Try with less pictures

Good luck!

AntoineLafontaine
JAPAN
9 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

I've also noticed that if your filename has a . somewhere before the extension (eg: myfile.nice.jpg), it will not work and break the uploader. Just rename the file.

Lilith
DENMARK
9 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Thanks for the answers. The extension is lowercase and i've used no weird danish letters and no dots is the name before the extension, so the only problem i can think of is my camera. I'll try re-saving them with photoshop and some of the files did work, other not. I think I figured that they work if there are no spaces in the name AND if they're re-saved. So thank you very much :)

AntoineLafontaine
JAPAN
9 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Yeah, spaces can also break the uploader...

Vaska A
UNITED STATES
9 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Yes, some cameras auto insert metadata into the images...and some servers freak out about that. Is there anything that can be done about this?

- you can save them after they are opened in photoshop
- if that doesn't work...get another server...

It's really a problem with PHP...not Indexhibit.

markforsman
UNITED STATES
9 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

I have found that safaas huge problems with uploading images. I switched over to firefox earlier today and all issues on multipule sites (all different scripts) have been fixed. Just a heads up.

markforsman
UNITED STATES
9 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

safari has* sorry about that.

Vaska A
UNITED STATES
9 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Hmmm...which version of Safari are you using. I have never had a problem with it...

lizer
NETHERLANDS
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

I also have a problem uploading pictures, pleaasse, someone, help! :)

- I have the right extentions (small letters .jpg),
- saved the photo in photoshop with a short name with only letters
- and the file size is 143 kb, that should be small enough, right?

What else to do?
I found this solution: zebpedersen.co.uk/ with a manual: (php.net/manual/en/…), but really, I have no clue how to install this, I'm very very new in this area, all help is welcome :D

Thx,

Lisa

arsondpi
GREECE
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Hello Lisa.
What seems to be not working?
What happens and you can't upload?
Which browsera sre you using?

oza
UNITED KINGDOM
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Hi, I also have a problem uploading images:( I choose an image and .... nothing happens, no error, no uploading... no reaction.. nothing? Tried all possible browsers... checked permissions...
Giving up :(

Showing 1 - 12 of 12 posts in Forum » Installation » Unable to upload pictures!?

This thread has been closed, thank you.