Keyboard Input Javascript

michellehuang / 2013-05-13 17:38:53   

Hello,

I want to do an interactive page that requires me to process input given by the user's keyboard into displaying random images with sound (after specific keys are pressed). Do I have to write only the javascript part or the plugin as well?

Would this be considered to be an exhibit format?

Is this do-able?

Thank you in advance :D

Michelle

Vaska A / 2013-05-14 06:16:42   

Yes, it would be an exhibit format. This is a very custom thing to add to your site.

michellehuang / 2013-05-14 09:12:19   

Yup, a very custom thing that I'd like to think as a challenge.

Cheers Vaska for the answer.

Vaska A / 2013-05-14 12:23:41   

The difficult part here is that you can't insert an actual music file inot the title or caption of an image. BUT, you could adapt your plugin to make use of the file. You would utilize PHP to change the mp3 into a workable audio file (if it existed in that space).

Setting the images into a random order is also a PHP thing. You would need to customize the query for grabbing that info. I recommend writing your own query but you can find an example at /ndxzstudio/lib/filesourceexhibit.php - just add the random part and work with accordingly in your format directly (because you don't want to edit that file directly or it will change your query for ALL your exhibits).

michellehuang / 2013-05-15 00:28:00   

Cheers Vaska, I will give it a go. Thanks for the support.

michellehuang / 2013-09-22 00:31:25   

Hello Vaska,

I came up with this script and I was wondering how could I call it on my Cat Symphony page? The current script I have works but it takes a while for the media to load.

Cat Symphony

Password: mishcat

Script

michellehuang / 2013-10-01 03:12:34   

michellehuang.com/miscellaneous/cat-symphony/

DONE

arsondpi / 2013-10-01 08:34:32   

lol - it works in safari as well. The sound needs to end until you press the same button again though...

michellehuang / 2013-10-06 02:06:26   

Thanks for the input. Please check it again, it's fixed now, and you can play chords as well! :P

This thread has been closed, thank you.