Video embedding error...How?

peresz / 2013-05-31 21:14:55   

this thread is based on my previous one which was prematurely closed...
Im trying to embed the video on my site in horizontal format.
I almost achieved it by uploading an images of the same size thats my embedded videos are. But for some reason they tend to stretch out..
seredyak.com/art/scenery/

Also if I upload 1x1 px images instead, the videos stick together and the images themselves don't show up under them. Although then I dont know how to separate them..
thanks

Vaska A / 2013-05-31 21:26:43   

the problem is that free hosting does all kinds of weird stuff - it's always unpredictable and frankly not worth our time to try to troubleshoot.

using blank images like that makes it very hard to understand what's really going on with the image. you can adjust the video dimensions, as well.

the newest vesrion of the youtube plugin pulls the thumbnail from their site, as well.

peresz / 2013-05-31 21:40:48   

Just tried youtube plugin and it worked quite well actually. Is there a way though to use the default youtube embedded web-player? Or at least manually set the quality of the embedded video?

peresz / 2013-05-31 21:48:06   

Also, another problem when I used the plugin and scroll through the videos, it scrolls through my whole site menu as well..

Vaska A / 2013-05-31 21:50:40   

Just tried youtube plugin and it worked quite well actually. Is there a way though to use the default youtube embedded web-player? Or at least manually set the quality of the embedded video?

Customize the youtube function in /ndxzsite/plugin/plugin.formats.php to whatever you want.

Also, another problem when I used the plugin and scroll through the videos, it scrolls through my whole site menu as well..

You'll need to fix the format...

peresz / 2013-06-01 00:34:40   

Though should i modify plugin.formats.php or plugin.input_youtube.php? And what exactly would I need to change? I think i have to add "vq=hd720" somewhere.. would it be also possible to remove "play this on youtube" icon link from the bottom of the video?

As far as fixing the format, how would I go about that? I need some details, otherwise i have no idea where to start..
Thanks

arsondpi / 2013-06-01 07:58:48   

peresz you'd need coding skills to do this. It's not hard. But it needs some digging in the code both the you tube attribute preferences and the files you mentioned above...

peresz / 2013-06-02 21:13:31   

Would it be simpler to fix the issue that arises when just do the landscape video hack(uploading 1px image and adding the embedded code to the caption)?
Issue:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 970148 bytes) in /home/seredyak/public_html/ndxzstudio/lib/resize.php on line 83

peresz / 2013-06-03 18:15:15   

or any advice on how to make my website stay in plays when scrolling through the videos perhaps?
thanks

peresz / 2013-06-05 00:18:40   
So I figured out that by adding a 300x400 "background image" with the same texture as my site, and then adding a vimeo link it will work without altering my site.
The vimeo(youtube didnt work) embeded code though had to be modified a bit from this:

landscape7 from Bogdan Seredyak on Vimeo.

to this:

But I wonder if I can customize a youtube link in the same fashion? Here's a sample:

peresz / 2013-06-05 00:24:25   
  1. sorry, heres the Unmodified code:
  2.   <iframe src="player.vimeo.com/video/…;
  1. then modified:
  2.   <iframe src="player.vimeo.com/video/…;
  1. and youtube sample
  2.  <iframe src="youtube.com/embed/…;
peresz / 2013-06-05 00:27:30   
  1. keep messing this up...Original:
  2. <iframe src="player.vimeo.com/video/…;
  1. modified
  2. <iframe src="player.vimeo.com/video/…;
  1. and youtube
  2. <iframe src="youtube.com/embed/…;
peresz / 2013-06-05 19:36:16   

So is it possible to customize a YouTube code so it would work?

This thread has been closed, thank you.