I really need some help

DownUnder / 2013-06-03 08:25:23   

Hi there,

I hope someone can help me. I thought I was really clever getting into indexhibit, but It seems like I have a massive problem working out how to edit this site. I basiclly have a fresh new start under markusweber.com.au. I am not asking for anything fancy. I just want my logo or at least my name bigg somewhere at the right and an expanding menu at the left with the images getting displayed next to the expanding menu. First of all the expanding menu doesn't seem to work and I am not sure what you guys are all saying if you talking about adjuting/adding a line into the css style file under the default folder on the server or is this the css style file under ndxzstudio - asset - css???? I am really struggling to make any sense of this. If anyone could give me an inside into making it work, it would be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance, Markus

arsondpi / 2013-06-03 10:55:53   

Hello there!

First of all check this post: indexhibit.org/forum/thread/19060/
There's instructions and suggestions for most "logo" related questions.

As for your expanding menus issue I suggest to deactivate the Expanding menus (from Admin > Plugins) and use Indexpand (indexhibit.org/plugin/utility/indexpand/ found in the Plugins section on the left)
Indexpand has many features that the old script doesn't.
The trick here of course is to get exhibits under the section exhibits that you already have (Architecture, Main)

I hope this helps.

DownUnder / 2013-06-04 02:56:48   

Thanks so much. I sucessfully uploaded the indexpand plug in. But nothing is expanding. There should be another Menu item popping up under Architecture called Hoefer House, but it doesn't and my 2 images that I uploaded don't show up either. And then I want other under catogories as well under the Architecture button? How do I go about those? What am I doing wrong. All I am after is something like I saw got designed with indexhibit and is all I need, have a look under ah-fotografie.de. This shouldn't be too hard? I really didn't get what you were saying by the trick of getting the exhibits under the section exhibits.....
Will leave the logo for later, as it would be nice to get the basic site sorted first. If you could help me again, as I really struggle to understand how it all works. Thanks heaps....

arsondpi / 2013-06-04 09:01:22   

Is "Hoefer House" Publish setting set to On?
To get more exhibits under the Architecture section, click the Create link in the main page in your backend. You can add and move them (drag/drop them) as you please anytime you like.

This thread has been closed, thank you.