White box behind text. highlighted menu.

marcgm / 2013-07-04 05:41:33   

Greetings,

I've spent considerable time looking at the forum/googling and I can't seem to fully understand the answers given. My site :

I wish to have a white semi transparent box behind my paragraphs. The solution seems to be inside the style.css file at the #content line. But i don't have the #content line inside that file.

As for the menu, I've made it transparent and would now like to have the sections highlighted (making the white writing stand out).

Hope I made myself clear. Any help on that matter would greately be appreciated.

Kind regards

marcgm / 2013-07-04 05:48:33   

marc-grimpe-m.com

arsondpi / 2013-07-04 10:41:47   

In style.css find and edit:

1. #exhibit p, code, blockquote { width: 450px; margin-bottom: 1em; /* line-height: 1.3em; */ background-color: rgba(256, 256, 256, 0.5); padding: 0 4px; }

To affect the section titles the general css selector that you want to affect is

1. #index ul.section span.section_title, #index ul.section span.section_title a {
  2.     background: rgba(100, 100, 100, 0.3);
  3. }
marcgm / 2013-07-05 00:09:41   

Thank you 'arsondpi', I really appreciate your help.(1.) I wonder if theres a way to not have these boxes behind images? I guess once this is selected, theres no way to select which text will have these boxes, right?

(2.)Also, to change the dimensions of these boxes (ex. start a bit higher on top of the text), it's the padding that will have to be modified, right?

(3.)Finally, I really don't see the sequence of #index ul.section span.section_title a . I ran a search and it's not there.

arsondpi / 2013-07-05 06:35:47   

The solutions I posted above are just suggestions.
I can't know exactly what you're after when it comes to styling your css.
The boxes can be styled for a specific css selector - for example you can apply the above styling to

1. .white_box { background-color: rgba(256, 256, 256, 0.5); padding: 0 4px; }

and then in your text box:

1. Some text here with no semi transparent background
  2. <span class='white_box'>Some more text with semi transparent background</span>

As for your last question if you can't find the css selector then create it in your style.css

marcgm / 2013-07-07 22:09:40   

Thank you very much. I'll continue playing with it, just need to tweak it a bit. As for creating it in my style.css, can I add it anywhere or does it have to be located somewhere logical with the overall layout (for it to work)?

arsondpi / 2013-07-08 06:59:00   

you either need to edit already existing css selectors or simply paste the code in the end of the script.

marcgm / 2013-07-11 02:35:12   

Ok, thank you for all your help. You made it very clear. It's really appreciated.

This thread has been closed, thank you.