Indexpand - Have sections auto-collapse when not hovering over them

putilobot / 2013-07-13 10:57:16   

Hi Folks,

Indexpand's behavior (hover mode): Once a section is unfolded on hover, it remains unfolded even if the cursor moves to another area.

I'd like to ask if there is a way to modify this nice plug-in in such a way that the section unfolds only on hovering - but remains collapsed by default, meaning it would auto-collapse as soon as the cursor moves to another area.

Thanks!
François

arsondpi / 2013-07-13 11:41:49   

Check out this thread: indexhibit.org/forum/thread/18136/
;-)

putilobot / 2013-07-13 12:02:43   

i had seen it before posting my question, tried it too :)

but it's not quite what i am after: after changing from show to reset, the menu collapses once you click on an exhibit, and only once you'v done that.

what i'd like is that it auto-collapses as soon as the cursor moves away, in other words, it only expands on hover.

would you have any idea?

Vaska A / 2013-07-13 12:14:25   

It's a bit complicated. You would need to wire up the javascript with a mouseout even for the entire container (section) ul. I'm sure it's possible, but not without some trial and error.

putilobot / 2013-07-14 10:24:33   

Hi Vaska, thanks for your input.
I had a look into that - so far way beyond my nearly non-existing programming skills :)
I am willing to give it a try though, any chance you guys can assist me with this?
Cheers
François

micheleyong / 2014-01-26 10:39:20   

Hi François,

I see that on your site you've managed to fix your problem. Would you mind telling me how you did that? I'm looking to do the same thing with the hover and auto collapsing. Thanks!

Michele

This thread has been closed, thank you.