Horizontal Scroll Bar to be fixed

sophierphoto / 2013-07-17 15:46:05   

Hello,

I have searched the forum and can't find anything with working links. I want to make my horizontal scroll fixed to 800px. I am using a centered theme and having the horizontal exhibit on causes the menu to scroll away when someone scrolls, thus i want it to be fixed to the width of the page so that users dont lose the menu.

A page that i currently have that does it is at sophierphoto.com/project/heavy-soul/

Any help would be appreciated!

arsondpi / 2013-07-17 16:26:45   

The trick here is simple: for the parts that you want to stay fixed you just need to give a position:fixed; attribute.
But now because of the fact that #top-section is not nested in #menu (you took it out?) you might have layout issues that you'd need to address with other css styles.

sophierphoto / 2013-07-17 16:50:01   

Hello,

Sorry i was playing with it.

What i did is i added this into my css:

1.  .container2 {
  2. margin-top : 30px;
  3. margin-bottom : 30px;
  4. }
  5. #content p {  /* sets the properties for all paragraphs in the content area */
  6. width : 800px;
  7. margin-top : 10px;
  8. margin-right : 0;
  9. margin-bottom : 10px; /* sets the space between paragraphs */
  10. margin-left : 0;
  11. line-height : 150%;  /* use this the change the leading (space between lines) */ 

the top container being for my navigation because it disappeared and the second to keep the images in a certain place, but now it applied it to all my pages, when i only wanted it to be on my horizontal scrolling pages...

help?

sophierphoto / 2013-07-17 18:53:39   

I decided to keep just the horizontal on the whole website. No need for help anymore, and thank you for the idea of the fixed code, i need to apply that to my post-nav section.

thank you!

This thread has been closed, thank you.