transferring existing domain

jhenryphoto / 2013-07-23 22:37:47   

Hi there,

I currently have my site hosted by a terrible flash-based monthly subscription service but don't want to lose my SEO with google (jhenryphoto.com/…) How can I switch to indexehibit without losing the SEO and keeping my domain? Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is a long time coming for me and I'm tired of having a terrible site.

Thanks!

Vaska A / 2013-07-23 23:26:55   

That's putting alot of pressure on us that this works out perfectly for you - it's not an Indexhibit issue.

The only thing you can do is jump in and go for it. Perhaps even having a second domain to build your site with and then enable the above domain.

I can't promise, but I think things will work out well - and Google will re-index your works.

jhenryphoto / 2013-07-23 23:51:07   

Thanks for your response, so transferring might not be the best immediate solution? As I understand it, you recommend getting a similar, new domain, creating the site with that, and then after it's gotten some traffic redirect the old site to the new domian?

Vaska A / 2013-07-24 00:11:03   

Yes. This way there will be as little down time as possible. Your site can easily work with two domains pointing to it and you could drop the temporary one after a year.

This thread has been closed, thank you.