Issues with Multiple installations in the same database

ForestMS / 2013-08-16 14:22:16   

Hello,

I posted this threat indexhibit.org/forum/thread/19656/ yesterday about how to install index exhibit on two different sites that run from the same database and during installation changed the "database append" ndxzbt_" to "ndxzbt2_". But now I am having all sorts of problems with my site when I try to login or even recover my email because it will not let me login.

I saw in an old thread that when you change the name of "database append" you have to change it in a one of the files that defines it but I'm not sure which that is and if that is what is causing the problems.

Thank you!

pacificpistonring.com

ForestMS / 2013-08-16 14:22:34   

ha thread* not threat!

ForestMS / 2013-08-16 17:37:33   

Any suggestions for this would be very helpful!

judithglaus / 2013-08-23 14:37:24   

Hello,
I also have two sites. On one I finally succeeded to install indexhibit and I am working with it. Now I wanted to install indexhibit on the other site (for a second try) glausart.com. The first time, I could enter into the indexhibit building program but was not able to see a preview on the web and than it turned white.
Now It doesn't matter if I try to reinstall the program or just try to enter: glausart.com/…, I end at a white page with: glausart.com on it.
Please can somebody help me?
Thank you,
Glausart

arsondpi / 2013-08-23 19:57:25   

The two domain names are in different server spaces?
If yes then the databases should most likely be different.
This thread is about two indexhibit sites under the same domain name, sharing the same database.

ForestMS / 2013-08-23 20:43:30   

Hello,

Thanks for the response! I have 2 domains registered under the same hosting account. So they live in the same server I believe (I always access my FTP through one site and the other site lives in a folder in that same FTP).

Was I not supposed to change the "database append from "ndxzbt_" to something else?

Thank you!

arsondpi / 2013-08-23 21:20:56   

To be honest it most likely has to to with your hosts setting.
I would contact the host and ask them if you can share one database or if you need to have a second one running for the other domain name,

judithglaus / 2013-08-25 09:33:40   

Hello,
The subdomain of the domain: judithglaus.com works with ndxzstudio.
But the other website, glausart.com, is the hostingadress as well the ftp.adress of both domains. In glausart.com (the host and ftp.domain) I want to install another database with the indexhibit program. (The old content built with Drupal has desapeared from the site. I could ask the hosting to reinstall it but I have to renew it anyway.
How can I install the indexhibit program on glausart.com?
I hope you can help me.
Judith Glaus

arsondpi / 2013-08-25 09:41:32   

Either create a new database or ask your host if you can use the one you already have (you just need to change the database append)

ForestMS / 2013-08-26 01:15:49   

Thank you, I am setting up different databases for each site and will let you know if that helps to solve the issues.

S

ForestMS / 2013-08-26 02:18:48   

Yup, that worked. I just need to add a database to my hosting account and then use that information during installation.

Thanks!

S

This thread has been closed, thank you.