Exhibition formats, PHP, JS & Horizontal (Columner)

Pandii / 2013-09-14 00:50:28   

Hi there,

I am re-designing my website with Indexhibit 2. thanks for the great work.
Here's a few precendents:
steffanijemison.com/" target="_blank">example 1 and leemawdsley.co.uk/" target="_blank">example 2 and gooddayallnight.com/" target="_blank">example 3 that utilise the exhibition formats and horizontal menu.

I noticed that these sites have additional 'index…php.html' files added, for every page and project.

I have read the threads that discuss 'Exhibition formats (& plugins) are a combination of PHP, javascript and css. Mostly PHP, these files control the layout and effect your exhibition images will take on the page.'

I was wonder if someone may be able to guide me in the right direction to find further information on how to do this.

This may be an obvious simple question (sorry), do I create the additional 'php.html files' in Dreamweaver and uploaded onto the server,
or am I missing some easy function in Indexhibit?

cheers

Pandii / 2013-09-14 00:54:03   

sorry guys, the Preview doesn't seem to work.
And somehow the code went off wack.

arsondpi / 2013-09-14 07:27:41   

Hello!
They're not php.html files but rather php files which is a scripting language. It's different to html as you can tell the server what to do - it can incorporate html but has nothing to do with html as such.
To make a long story short you need to have coding skills to create your own custom format(s).

Pandii / 2013-09-21 11:04:37   

could you please send me links for custom format(s)?
cheers

arsondpi / 2013-09-21 11:34:39   

There's no "links" as such.
Assuming you have coding skills, you need to search the internet and build your own format.

Pandii / 2013-10-07 01:45:27   

Which specific file is the current 'Exhibition format'.
what is the file called and where can I find it?
thanks

This thread has been closed, thank you.