How to define highlighted text area etc.

hanni / 2013-09-18 23:38:31   

Hi there!
Just changed to version 2 and managed to set up the full background image on my main page with the help of the forum.
Now I would like the text title (and the text sections below) to stand on a white highlighted area infront of the background image. Is there an easy way to adjust and define the white space around the text, so that its easier to be read? - right now it ends exactly where the text ends OR even goes beyond the titles text area.

Another thing: I tried but cant seem to find out where to make the "portfolio" section NOT to be bold, like the other sections.
Also, when I visit my website from internet explorer, the "info" sections isnt even highlighted. what reason could there be?

r o s a r a i . d e

appreciating any help.

arsondpi / 2013-09-19 08:10:33   

It has to do with the kind of elements you have on display - specifically your site title is a heading (h1) and thus it's a block level element where as in the rest of your index your links are highlighted - these are inline elements.

You've set a background for your h1 tags and your links (using the Indexhibit style plugin).
You can use css rules in your style.css (ndxzsite/default/style.css) to control these.

hanni / 2013-09-19 09:09:07   

actually I am not using the indexhibit style plugin. once i activated it, my menu wasnt visible anymore, so i deactivated it.
can you please give me a hint on how to control the style.css in this direction?
i tried to search the internet but didtn find anything useful (or didnt know how to describe the problem).
thank you

arsondpi / 2013-09-19 09:50:30   

Download and open style.css with a code editor.
Edit the h1 tag to style your heading.
Edit a:link, a:visited, a:active, a:hover to style the states all the links in your site or #index a:link, #index a:visited, #index a:active, #index a:hover to style the states of of links in your index area.
Save and reupload.

hanni / 2013-09-19 11:13:12   

right now nothing seems to work. when im trying to edit the h1 tag in my style.css (font size) theres no effect visible!
when im activating a plugin like indexhibit style nothing works at all.
im getting really confused. just wanted my page to look similar to
k l o n e k . d e
but cant figure out what settings he used.

arsondpi / 2013-09-19 14:21:30   

Still you are editing it.
In line 22, in your style.css I see:

1. h1 { font-size: 22px; margin-bottom: 1em; font-weight:; }

thus you got rid of the white background and tried to add a font-weight attribute.

What that other site has done is simple.
If you download Firebug the firefox plugin, you can target the html elements you want to know more about. In this case this site has done the following.

1. #index ul li a {
  2.     background-color: #FFFFFF;
  3.     display: inline-block;
  4.     font-size: 14px;
  5.     margin-bottom: 1px;
  6.     margin-top: 0;
  7.     padding: 3px 4px 1px;
  8. }

hanni / 2013-09-19 15:42:41   

thats right, I was playing around...still it didnt turn out the way i intended.
thank you, I will download firebug to check it out!
and the code you posted, where does it go? can I just add it somewhere in the style.css? :-)

arsondpi / 2013-09-19 16:13:27   

Try to find it in your style.css file and if it's not there add it.
:-)

hanni / 2013-09-19 18:14:15   

worked out well!
except the 'portfolio' section, which I dont know how to change so it would look like 'info,kontakt,links'. right now its black and you can hardly see it. the expanding exhibits (in portfolio) are highlighted etc instead...though I would like them to look different than 'info, kontakt'etc...

what I was wondering about... I know how to turn my name heading into a link (which links back again to the main page) --> I did that in the Prä-Nav textfield.
unfortunately it then doesnt come up with as a headline any more. should I be making changes in the Prä-Nav or in the style.css in reference to that?

and thanks alot for your kind help! =)

hanni / 2013-09-19 19:26:28   

oh, something: when I choose the 'visual index' for an exhibit in combination with 'overlay', the backgrounds all black. where can i change it to white?

arsondpi / 2013-09-20 10:48:23   

Try adjusting this from Admin>format>Visual Index, Options.

arsondpi / 2013-09-20 10:50:18   

hanni I'm closing this thread as the initial question was answered. Open a new thread for new questions

This thread has been closed, thank you.