prev/next button and etc

zzqqmm / 2013-09-21 03:27:29   

Hi everyone. I'm a photography student. I'm totally new to web design and I need some help to launch my simple personal website.

This is what I have right now: marcqimengzhao.com

I've been looking at these two websites (maayanstrauss.com/…) (felixrcid.com/index.php/project/) and I decided I will have this basic look first before refining it. But even that I felt unable to achieve.

I think two most urgent questions for me are: how do you control the spacing of the menu text? How do you create a sliceshow with prev/next buttons?

I would appreciate any suggestion or help. I could consider paying you if you are willing to guide me through the entire process. Thank you in advance!!!

arsondpi / 2013-09-21 07:33:20   

Hello
Check the Slideshow plugin in the customize section of this forum.

zzqqmm / 2013-09-21 18:27:09   

Hi arsondpi.

Thank you! I realize I didn't even know what plugins were before I asked haha.

Now I have both slideshow and indexpand installed. I created this slideshow (marcqimengzhao.com/index.php/photographs/) and I wonder if there is a way to make the image not clickable? In other words, how can I go to the next image only through clicking prev or next and not through clicking the image itself?

And I still don't know how to create a menu with indexpand:)

Thank you!

arsondpi / 2013-09-21 22:34:27   

You need to customize the script to do this.

And to use the Indexpand you need to have a section with a few few exhibits under it... For more options simply go to Admin>Plugins>Indexpand, Options

zzqqmm / 2013-09-21 23:15:50   

Yes that's what I'm wondering. In Admin>Sections it seems I'm only able to change section order rather than creating sub-sections under one specific section. I did some search on the forum and it seems like I would need to use more things from assets? Is expandingMenus.js going to help?

arsondpi / 2013-09-22 08:46:31   

Expanding menus is a plugin - a "look" or better "a funclionality" for your site.
To add exhibits (what you call subsections) you just need to click the Create link in the top right of the main page in the backend.
There's a few options that you can set as well...

zzqqmm / 2013-09-22 23:10:05   

Thank you! I can't believe I never notice the "Create" link. Now I have exhibits under one section. The section expands upon clicking but I can't make it collapse unless I click on another section. How do I make it collapse by, say, clicking anywhere on the page?

I assume that if I want to adjust the text font, size, image position, etc, I would need to add or change something in the code, right? Where do I find the corresponding codes?

arsondpi / 2013-09-23 06:36:26   

zzqqmm please keep threads on one topic so others may benefit when searching this forum. Start a new thread for a new query but also search the forum - as some of these questions have already been answered.

This thread has been closed, thank you.