Index column text adjustment

zzqqmm / 2013-09-23 17:19:19   

Hi everyone. I'm a new indexhibit user with no web design or coding experience and would like to hear your advice on several questions I have about adjusting text in the index column.

This is what I have now: marcqimengzhao.com

I've been exploring and playing with the codes in base.css and style.css, and feel like there are still a lot of things I couldn't achieve:
1) I have created two sections ("1" and "2"). How do I make them pure unclickable texts instead of links?
2) How do I create indent for the exhibits under each section?
3) I noticed that, if I change the title of an exhibit, the path (or address? I don't know how to call it) to the renamed exhibit doesn't change accordingly. For example, I changed the first exhibit under section "1" from "1" to ".", but the path in the address bar is still "marcqimengzhao.com/index.php/1/1/" instead of "marcqimengzhao.com/index.php/1/./". How do I fix this?
4) Is it possible to create another such index column independent from the first one?

I hope it's ok that I'm asking a lot at the same time! Thanks for your help in advance!

arsondpi / 2013-09-23 18:52:19   

1) Unpublish the section (Publish set to Off)
2) #index ul.section li.exhibit_title { margin-left: 10px; }
3) It's actually a feature for the people that want to use this. Anyhow update the url simply by setting Publish to Off and then On again
4) Yes but you need coding skills...

zzqqmm / 2013-09-23 20:23:25   

Hi arsondpi. Thank you.

For 1), I realized that if I unpublish the section, the change of font or size in the section title wouldn't show. Is there another way to do this?

arsondpi / 2013-09-23 22:16:06   

No not really - simply customize your sections to be styled the same...

zzqqmm / 2013-09-24 02:03:03   

Can you please be more clear? Where and how do I change the code so that even if I unpublish the sections the customization of their titles would still show?

arsondpi / 2013-09-24 06:01:51   

When you unpublish that section it should show up just not as a link anymore.
What happens in your case?
If the styling is different then you need to target it using Firebug (a free firefox plugin) and once you get its css selector change its attributes in your style.css of your theme.

zzqqmm / 2013-09-24 16:48:00   

Yes. When I unpublish the section it is not a link anymore.

But I have trouble with is that at the same time, when I change its font/size/etc. afterwards in style.css, the section title won't be affected anymore either. For example, after I unpublish the section and then create an indent for this section title, the indent won't show unless I publish again. How can I make the indent show even if the section is still unpublished?

arsondpi / 2013-09-24 17:43:21   

As I mentioned above if the styling is different then you need to target it using Firebug (a free firefox plugin) and once you get its css selector change its attributes in your style.css of your theme.

zzqqmm / 2013-09-24 22:30:09   

Ok. Look I have this now: marcqimengzhao.com
"Photographs" and "About" are indented. But they are also published. Once I unpublish these two sections the indent would disappear. I want to know how to make them not disappear even they are unpublished.

I know I could also change style in base.css under "general style" regardless of whether the section is published or not. But once I entered

#index ul.section span.section_title { margin-left: 10px; }

every section title was indented.

How can I add indent to only one specific section instead of all of them?

zzqqmm / 2013-09-25 05:15:11   

Ok. I figured it out. Please close this thread.

This thread has been closed, thank you.