Sections content

DamArch / 2013-10-17 13:44:17   

Hi, I'm not fluent in english so please excuse me:
I try to create a simple section on which when I click on the section title I have a simple text column in the right.
I don't want to create an under-section or something like that, just a section with somme text in it. Do I make that with an exhibit format or ...??
I know this basic but I'm not the only one who can't do that, I think...

Thank you for any help

Bye

arsondpi / 2013-10-17 16:06:00   

Use css to move your text around. You'll need basic coding skills for this...
It's hard to guess though since you're not posting an address, because different formats handle the text content differently.

Skaatar / 2013-10-18 06:14:25   

From how I interpret your question, I'd answer like this:

The section title is an exhibit itself.
If you click 'edit' to the right of the section title and start typing, yes that very text will appear when clicking only the section title. No under-sections are created.

However, be sure that all sections that should be visible are set to:
Publish: On
Hide page from index: Off

For invisibility, inverse the above.

Exhibition format? Try it out from the list.

Latent / 2013-10-19 10:57:36   

Hey people. I also have this problem. I want to create a section and have this as an exhibition. Is this possible?

C

arsondpi / 2013-10-19 11:53:44   

I'm confused - are you referring to the initial question or the interpretation that Saatar gave?
Also please post a url of your site so we can take a look of what you've done so far...
:-)

Skaatar / 2013-10-19 20:59:20   

So, there are levels in the system:
yoururl.com/section/exhibit

That's how it works. The last question seem to ask if it's possible to make an exhibit behave like a section. Not really, only the section can be e.g. a "Visual index section"

I'd like more levels too, the only solution is to use either iframe or Ajax (correct me if I'm wrong arsondpi), the latter being quite complex.

But I'm actually not sure if this is what you mean. Please clarify.

Skaatar / 2013-10-19 21:02:39   

Well, you can also fake the exhibit link in various ways so that it directs to a section instead, however disabling active links.
Of this is what you're after, I can tell you how to do it.

DamArch / 2013-11-25 13:37:17   

Hi, thank you all for your support.
It works for me with the Skaatar's solution, in fact this was really basic.
But I have another question. I have a text within a section, now how I can manipulate this text? like justified the text, change the fonts....
Here my section with the text:

lemaire-leveque.fr/index.php/presentation/

Maybe this subject is not for this section of the forum..

arsondpi / 2013-11-25 15:00:55   

Again use css to manipulate its looks (justified, bold, size etc)

This thread has been closed, thank you.