updated to cms 2 site now blank

lfoster / 2013-11-13 12:17:11   

Hello,

I updated my site to CMS 2 after doing a backup of the old site. I have installed CMS 2, but my databases are not working. The site is totally blank. Is there a way to get my old content back up to the new CMS?

In addition, I can't find any of my old text in the files folder. It was text written in the old version of indexhibit interface. Is there anyway to get this text back from the backup or get it to work with the upgrade?

lindsayfoster.com

lfoster / 2013-11-13 12:41:41   

Can I reinstall the old version of indexhibit to get the old text back????

I can pay for your services to get the text back.

Please advise!

Vaska A / 2013-11-13 15:39:50   

Why? Your site is just fine - I can access the studio login.

Reupload the root index.php file...I bet you deleted it or have the wrong one in place.

arsondpi / 2013-11-13 15:45:20   

Ok - one step at a time...

Your text, details, preferences is stored in the database.

What do you mean installed?
Did you upgrade as described in the Help section on the left?
Or did you try to do a fresh installation (that's a different thing)?

The backend of your v.2 site is here though: lindsayfoster.com/ndxzstudio/
I would advise to check that link on upgrading from a Legacy version site to see if you've done everything right.
As for the blank page - can you reupload the specific index.php file that should be in the root directory?

lfoster / 2013-11-19 19:08:07   

Hello,

There are multiple index.php files in the root directory. Which one should I replace?

Vaska A / 2013-11-19 19:19:19   

There can only be one - it's not possible to have more than one.

Vaska A / 2013-11-19 19:31:25   

Lindsay, I think you just killed you server connection by reupload the ndxzsite folder (which wiped out your database connection) - that's not good.

I can restore things, I think. But I'll need to install it myself...sounds ok to you?

lfoster / 2013-11-20 10:27:03   

yes - please!
Thank you so much

Do you need any of my info?

Vaska A / 2013-11-20 12:31:36   

Yes, I do. Send me the following...

- ftp login
- webhosting login

To: contact at indexhibit dot org

I'm sorry this got messed up for you, but something was not right with the root index.php file and then the problems were compounded (when I believe you reuploaded the ndxzsite folder).

Vaska A / 2013-11-21 17:46:35   

I did fix this today. The problem was that she had uploaded the old version index.php files in place of the new ones. They simply won't work...

This thread has been closed, thank you.