how to activate expanding menu & 'justifying' text block

Sam_Treadaway / 2013-11-15 15:28:48   

Hi there
I have enabled 'expanding menus' - but how do you activate this, anyone? I would like a vertical menu with expanding menu from some headings.
Also could someone tell me how to justify text blocks, (i.e so text lines up in block)?Thanks for reading....

arsondpi / 2013-11-15 15:55:57   

Hello again.
Check out the Indexpand plugin found in the plugins section.
As for the justified paragraph text simply use css - it's what you're after...

Sam_Treadaway / 2013-11-15 17:16:07   

Hi there.. Yep I found it, but don't know how it works! Do you ?
As for the css, where do you use css and how can I justify the text when adding it? Thanks

arsondpi / 2013-11-15 18:59:08   

To adjust things for the Indexpand plugin click Admin>Plugin>Indexpand, Options (assuming you've clicked Enable)

To attach css there's many ways: using your ftp application edit the style.css file found in ndxzsite>default(which is your current theme)>style.css
Alternatively and depending on your coding skills you can add/edit things on each format that may need this extra css (formats and plugins are located in ndxzsite>plugins)

Sam_Treadaway / 2013-11-16 13:39:31   

Thanks Arsondpi. This works, However the text I entered in on section is no missing and dosn't show when I click on it. Any clues?

Vaska A / 2013-11-16 17:21:15   

Also could someone tell me how to justify text blocks, (i.e so text lines up in block)?

What do you mean?

Sam_Treadaway / 2013-11-16 17:35:41   

So text is 'justified' ( lined up in a block, so all end and beginning of each sentence is inline )
Am also not able to control how any of the text appears when online, after inputting text into each 'section' - the text appears as a long block, without any of the original spacing and format, ( as it appears when text is in control panel of the section )

Vaska A / 2013-11-16 17:41:10   

Can you show me the exhibit where you are trying to do this - it helps us alot to see where the problem is...

Sam_Treadaway / 2013-11-16 21:18:16   

In all sections with text I would like the text justified. Am having trouble getting text to appear where it should though right now though!

arsondpi / 2013-11-17 09:34:23   

Find line 40 in your style.css and add a text-align: justify;

1. #exhibit p, code, blockquote {
  2.     margin-bottom: 1em;
  3.     text-align: justify;
  4.     width: 450px;
  5. }
Sam_Treadaway / 2013-11-17 10:58:26   

I've looked but not sure how you are counting lines, Does this include line breaks? Could you copy in exactly where to place this justify?

I've seen how to change font size here. Is this also where you can change title font size and the font itself? How about increasing the spaces between index titles and lines under and around index....
Thanks

Sam_Treadaway / 2013-11-17 11:16:54   

The template i'm using is default, but where would I select and change templates?

Are there no online instructions for customizing site apart from this forum (which of course is very helpful )
I am not a developer but it does say indexhibit can be used by those with no previous coding experience. I'm sure a general start-up manual would be very well received by new users and would encourage more customers to this site.

Vaska A / 2013-11-17 12:20:36   

It can be used with no previous coding. You are customizing things though...and we're doing what we can to help. It's always been that way at Indexhibit for seven years now.

Download a trial version of Coda (which is worth buying imho) and you can access the files on your site remotely - it will also tell you line numbers. Makes all of this much easier.

This thread has been closed, thank you.