Multi Language

yanxing / 2013-11-21 03:20:13   

I saw your guild on the forum about the multi language

----------
Best Answer! arsondpi A GREECE 11 month(s) ago Permalink Post

Indexhibit version 2 has the option of having two Indexhibit site (with separate content) that use the same database - don't forget that you need to change the Database Append to something else, for example ndxzbt2_

----------
But I'm still confusing, I mean what should I do after I install 2 indexhibit (2 database), could u kindly provide me the step by step guide?
Will using myphpadmin?

And I'm still have a question, if when I'm stay in the mysite.com/en/… , if I click the CN button then the page will swift to mysite.com/de/… or just the index of mysite.com/de/

yanxing / 2013-11-21 03:26:37   

simply change the default value of the “database append” field during the installation process, for example: ndxz2_. This must be different for each Indexhibit installation.

I'm not understand about this sentence...thanks:)

arsondpi / 2013-11-21 08:15:36   

I can't be more explicit to be honest.

You need to update each Indexhibit language site separately. So you'd login to each site and update your content twice.

PhpMyAdmin is an application to manage your databases and has nothing to do with having two Indexhibit sites on different folders on the same server.
To switch from one site to the other you should insert links (from the en site for example) somewhere in your page template or text that will take you to the other sites page (to the de site)

As for your latest question I still don't know how to explain this better.
When installing the second version use the same database connection details and just change the “database append” to something else like ndxz2_

yanxing / 2013-11-25 00:57:14   

ok, understand, thanks:)

This thread has been closed, thank you.