Config error

Oliverballon / 2013-12-12 18:10:13   

I'm going to apologise to start with, as I'm probably just an idiot and this is the standard fare xx check config problem, I have tried everything and was very hesitant about asking for help here.

I'm with Hostgator and was wondering if there was anything fundamental I need to change that isn't obvious with the host. I can't get past the install screen having set up a database, all the details are correct (checked multiple times, and tried with creating whole other databases as well).

Database name: oballon1_exhibit
Database username: oballon1_exhibit
Database Append: localhost

Any help very much appreciated, and sorry in advance.

Vaska A / 2013-12-12 19:09:43   

Your db name and username are not the same. You probably didn't create a user - and then apply it to the database with full privileges. All the tools are in their interface...

Oliverballon / 2013-12-12 19:39:13   

Thanks for the response
I have already created a user and a database under the same name to make things a bit easier, the user has full privileges as it was set up using the mysql wizard just to ensure all boxes were ticked.

Vaska A / 2013-12-12 19:52:35   

The username wouldn't be what you have above though...

Oliverballon / 2013-12-13 20:07:14   

If I may be so bold as to ask what it should look like then? I can't find/see anything other than that username on the database management page and haven't entered any other details.

Oliverballon / 2013-12-13 20:54:12   

And just to add to it I'm now getting a 404 error where I was at the install screen before. Wonderful.

arsondpi / 2013-12-14 09:23:39   

Check the control panel of your server for your database connection details.
Make sure that you haven't deleted anything by mistake - I guess that since you haven't finished installing you can reupload the indexhibit files and folders

This thread has been closed, thank you.