After upgrade, ndxzstudio page is black

Katie_Miller / 2013-12-27 08:08:03   

Hi,
I had the oldest version of indexhibit. I've been meaning to upgrade for a long time and the catalyst was that I accidentally deleted my homepage somehow in my "settings" of version .70d. I was hoping that downloading the new version would start me out fresh.

I uploaded the new contents of indexhibit 2 to my ftp server and went through the language selection on the install page etc but when i go to katie-miller.net/ndxzstudio/ I get a blank page. You can also see my error message on my mainpage katie-miller.net which reads: "Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 261900 bytes) in /hermes/waloraweb073/b970/moo.internetkatie/ndxzstudio/common.php on line 296"

Could someone tell me what I have missed? I don't mind starting my whole website over I just want to get it up and working and am feeling lost.

Thanks!
Katie
katie-miller.net

arsondpi / 2013-12-27 09:33:43   

So did you upgrade? I haven't done an upgrade to a broken site - I'd fix it first and then upgrade to be honest.

A couple of threads indicative of the issue:
indexhibit.org/forum/thread/17359/
indexhibit.org/forum/thread/16693/

Katie_Miller / 2013-12-27 21:54:13   

I did upgrade... and I don't know if I'd say my site was broken- all of the other pages worked besides my homepage katie-miller.net. Since I upgraded, none of them work at all.

I contacted my ftp server fatcow and they said that I can't use the new version of template as it requires more than 128MB memory limit. Could this be true?

Thanks,
Katie

Katie_Miller / 2013-12-27 21:55:03   

I would fix the broken site but I'm not sure how as I don't even know how I deleted my homepage or how to build it back again.

Am I best to start from scratch?

arsondpi / 2013-12-27 22:11:53   

Can you verify that you're not missing any files?

Katie_Miller / 2013-12-27 22:18:49   

I believe so... I've uploaded the new version twice just to make sure and went through the installation including deleting install.php on cyberduck

Katie_Miller / 2013-12-27 22:19:38   

Is that what you mean by verify?

Katie_Miller / 2013-12-27 22:37:30   

To start from scratch, I would just delete all files in cyber duck and re-upload indexhibit 2, correct? My website has been down for close to a month now so I'm feeling anxious to fix it before the year's end even if it means rebuliding my entire site.

Unless anyone can think of a better solution, is there anything else I need to do in order to start with a clean slate?

Thanks for all of your help- Indexhibit has been very good to me.

Katie

arsondpi / 2013-12-27 23:01:58   

Katie I can't really tell what might be wrong.
I typed your url address above and didn't see a webpage apart from a "500 error" which in most cases is something related to your server, and thus, related to your host.

I'm not really sure what your host is talking about - there's hosts out there that do not have issues with Indexhibit as it is a very light cms.

If you are indeed in a hurry and would be up to redo the whole thing from scratch then you should go through the procedure as if you were installing for the first time.
If you still can't get it to work with your host then simply change host.
Try the Webhosting link on the left as it maybe of some help.

Katie_Miller / 2013-12-27 23:10:07   

Arsondpi,
I am in contact with my webhost as well. I'll see what they are able to do on their end and if I am still having issues I may start from scratch. I'll keep you posted as soon as I make headway.

Thanks a million,
Katie

Katie_Miller / 2013-12-28 04:59:47   

Hello,
How many mb does the new indexhibit 2 site take? My ftp server host fatcow is saying that my website katie-miller.net/ is giving the error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted". So, it looks like your website requires more than the memory limit of 128MB which they have set.

Do I need to delete my files from my initial site running on .70d? How much space does indexhibit 2 take?

Thanks,
Katie

arsondpi / 2013-12-28 08:57:52   

As I already mentioned Indexhibit is a light cms and does not require a lot of server power. They're a few threads around in the forum about this error.
It might be something to do with your database details (indexhibit.org/forum/thread/18561/) or that your database was full when running the previous version or... something else (I shouldn't guess).

As I previously suggested if you want to start from scratch and also delete everything in your server, you need to delete the old database and the indexhibit files/folders. Then you can proceed with installation normally as described in the Help section on the left...

This thread has been closed, thank you.