And You

going responsive

Indexhibit version: 2.0
Thread is not resolved.

relopes
UNITED KINGDOM
11 month(s) ago
Permalink Post

I looked around to see if there was a responsive theme for indexhibit and found only one theme for the legacy version of indexhibit so I got my hands dirty and hacked my site responsive.
I wish I could say it is a theme and make it available but I went just as far as my immediate needs so it does not look pretty on the inside nor it is optimised.
In any case I though I'd share the link and hopefully start a movement to get Indexhibit back up to speed.
this is what it looks like - relopes.net/… (please let me know if you find any bugs or glitches).

Vaska A
UNITED STATES
11 month(s) ago
Permalink Post

This should be in the critique section.

Vaska A
UNITED STATES
11 month(s) ago
Permalink Post

It certainly doesn't look anything like an Indexhibit site.

We have been working on things for next year...no need to 'start a movement'.

arsondpi
GREECE
11 month(s) ago
Permalink Post

@ relopes did you take advantage of those hints & tips I posted about rollover titles in Visual index or is this something you've done on your own?
Impressive way to begin this...

relopes
UNITED KINGDOM
10 month(s) ago
Permalink Post

@vaska, as a long time indexhibit user and designer I noticed it did fall behind trends (going responsive is vital for a portfolio website) and would like to see it back with the steam it had. "starting a movement" means getting people behind the idea, speak to the project leaders (yourselves) and get the community of designers and devs talking about it. It's no bad thing and if I did it was because I really like the simplicity of indexhibit, don't take any of this badly please.
You are right, it does not "look"like an indexhibit site - is it a bad thing?
@arsondpi I did it on my own, wish I had found your tips as it did take me quite a while to get around ios safari's issues...
Good to know that Indexhibit is being further developed!

niknyby
UNITED STATES
7 month(s) ago
Permalink Post

@relopes, if the point of responsive web design is an optimal viewing experience, then I don't see how themes like your proposal fix anything. I have a more difficult time reading the thin font

I agree that Indexhibit must keep up with everything and never fall behind certain standards. Also, the object gallery pages on your site look very nice. I guess I feel like, how could Indexhibit be falling behind when it is so minimal to begin with? I don't think the style of Indexhibit needs to be changed so much.. maybe we can just add a default mobile template in a future release, so Indexhibit sites will automatically be mobile-"responsive".

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 posts in Forum » Critique » going responsive

This thread has been closed, thank you.