Exhibit link going bold while clicking?

celestenjoo / 2014-02-18 15:28:00   

Hi!
I've looked around the forums but can't seem to solve my problem.
For some reason when I click an exhibit link in my index it will go bold (and stay black) while clicked and then become white and bold once the exhibit is open.

I don't want anything to happen while it's being clicked, and can't for the life of me figure out how to change it (let alone how I did it in the first place).

My website is celestenjoo.com

Thanks!

arsondpi / 2014-02-18 16:20:36   

Check line 69 in your style.css. This controls the current/active exhibit title on display

1. li.active a:link, li a.active, li.active a:hover, li a.active, li.active a:active, li a.active, li.active a:visited, li a.active, li span.active, #index ul.section li.active a:link, #index ul.section li.active a:hover, #index ul.section li.active a:active, #index ul.section li.active a:visited {
  2.     color: #FFFFFF;
  3.     font-weight: bold;
  4. }

Also the following css rule seems to be doing the same when one clicks on links:

1. a:active {
  2.     color: #FFFFFF;
  3.     font-weight: bold;
  4. }
celestenjoo / 2014-02-19 03:19:21   

Thanks for a quick reply!

But...I still can't figure out how to change it. My problem is the bold whilst clicking, and I can only seem to change how it looks once it has been clicked. I can't find any instances where it's color: #000000; font-weight: bold; , which is what it's doing, right?

Where in style.css would the whilst clicking link state be?
Sorry for my incompetence!

arsondpi / 2014-02-19 08:49:33   

I don't understand what you're trying to do.

There's four basic states, or pseudoclasses as they're called, for links (a:link, a:hover, a:visited, a:active).
Search the web for more information about these.

There's also another class given by indexhibit on the clicked/displayed exhibit

1. li.active a:link, li a.active, li.active a:hover, li a.active, li.active a:active, li a.active, li.active a:visited, li a.active, li span.active, #index ul.section li.active a:link, #index ul.section li.active a:hover, #index ul.section li.active a:active, #index ul.section li.active a:visited

as you can guess you can be more specific or less specific using css and create your own custom link state classes.
Use firebug the firefox plugin to target css classes/id's easily.

This thread has been closed, thank you.