Image Can't Be Deleted From Gallery

jhuddles / 2014-02-28 15:28:07   

I have an image in a gallery that I cannot remove. I want to remove the image because it will not display, and, if left active, it prevents the gallery from working properly (i.e. I cannot scroll through the images using prev/next). If I make the image inactive, the gallery works, but when I hit the delete button below the image, nothing happens. There are 30 other images that all work properly and are a part of the series. Is there a way to do this without having to recreate the entire page? I tried to go in and delete the image server-side, but it didn't work.

arsondpi / 2014-02-28 15:34:34   

You mean you tinkered the database or deleted the image from your server?
What is your url?

To be honest I would recreate the exhibit. It's not that much work. With Indexhibit Version 2 you can select multiple media and let the uploader do all the work.

jhuddles / 2014-03-01 00:44:32   

I deleted the image from the server (duplicated it first) and then re-added it. The URL is johnhuddlestonphoto.com and the specific gallery is under Anima Mexicana -> Life/Death.

Part of the issue is fixing the site and the other part is understanding what is wrong with the specific image. I wanted to see if there is any known issue.

Vaska A / 2014-03-01 00:49:48   

You mean that when you delete the image from an exhibit it's not deleting from your server? What happens when you try that?

No, it won't affect your site in anyway, but it's not normal.

jhuddles / 2014-03-01 00:57:59   

No, when I try to delete the image from the gallery, it doesn't delete from the gallery. When I hit the trash button, it just jumps to the top of the page and just ask to confirm the deletion.

jhuddles / 2014-03-01 01:00:08   

*it just jumps to the top of the page and doesn't ask to confirm the deletion.

Vaska A / 2014-03-01 01:09:29   

Ah, that's all? haha...

That is completely indicative of a javascript problem. For whatever reason (and there could be many) it's bunched up.

Go to the edit page for your exhibit and hold down Shift and click on a browser refresh at the same time. This will update your javascript (and cache). Then, see if you can delete an image the proper way...

jhuddles / 2014-03-01 18:14:59   

Still no luck. I appreciate the help. Any other ideas?

Vaska A / 2014-03-01 18:39:44   

Which browser and version?

Do you know how to use Firebug?

This thread has been closed, thank you.