Can't upload content through my server?

diyalamuir / 2014-02-28 20:08:13   

I'm trying to upload content through my server because I'm having a lot of trouble uploading GIFs directly through the admin page, (when I try they do not move & the image distorts) however this is not working for me, does anybody know why this is or else how i can upload GIFs directly?
Thanks!

Vaska A / 2014-03-01 00:40:17   

Of course you can upload gifs. What's happening when you try to upload gifs?

This thing about not moving and distorting images doesn't really make sense...

diyalamuir / 2014-03-01 19:23:35   

For most of the gifs I try to upload I get the message that the file is too big. As for the ones that I have been able to upload:
diyalamuir.com/index.php/project/
they do not move! and when you click to enlarge them, the image is distorted.

Vaska A / 2014-03-01 19:43:15   

How big are the gif's?

Are you able to upload jpg's?

Are they animated gif's? Is that what you mean by not moving?

I believe...you are uploading animated gif's which are something Indexhibit has never done and your images are very small and are upscaling when clicked.

You could upload larger images. Also, if it must be an animation you could make a .mov/.mp4 file instead.

diyalamuir / 2014-03-01 21:14:06   

Yes, sorry! they are animated gifs, perhaps that's where the confusion lies.

I have many animated gifs of various sizes, some are smaller such as the one i was able to upload (but it does not animate) which is 33 KB as it is only made up of 2 drawings, however I have other gifs which are much much larger as they are made up of 100+ drawings. these files are about 1.3 MB and I cannot upload them to tumblr as they are too large, so i was hoping to put them on a website.

I would prefer to be able to upload gifs as they loop continuously and I mainly work in this method: diyalamuir.tumblr.com/

I would like to have a site where I can upload some of my larger gifs! if indexhibit doesn't support that then perhaps it is the wrong CMS for me..

I found that inserting the gif as a URL link (this is one i just found online: diyalamuir.com/index.php/project/ ) works perfectly but when I try to upload content through cyberduck it does not show up on my web page, am I doing something wrong?

Thank you

Vaska A / 2014-03-01 23:12:42   

soulds like it's not for you - it's not going to do animated gifs via exhibit upload.

This thread has been closed, thank you.