'You are already installed'

tolstoy / 2014-03-09 10:15:14   

Following through the steps for install version 2. I seem to have messed up somewhere. I'm not familiar with ftp so finding it very confusing to follow. I'm guessing an issue with my hosting config/permissions as to why no import of saved files from previous version?

Apologies if this is covered in the forum, I have done a search.

tolstoy / 2014-03-09 10:41:54   

My website: tonymaas.com

arsondpi / 2014-03-09 10:46:39   

Hello!

Here's a couple of threads to check:
indexhibit.org/forum/thread/15914/
indexhibit.org/forum/thread/19420/

Basically I would suggest to verify what kind of permissions your host allows and to try to install from scratch. Also verify that you renamed htaccess to .htaccess

(I tried to login using index1/exhibit here tonymaas.com/ndxzstudio/ but couldn't do it)

tolstoy / 2014-03-09 17:47:22   

Thanks for speedy response. Yes, I couldn't login there either. I've put Small God's tech team onto it I'll see how they get on. The more I fiddle about with it the more of a mess I probably make it. How does 'install from scratch' work? I'm nervous about deleting stuff without understanding what I'm doing, but that that is what I had in mind and follow the tutorial a little closer.

arsondpi / 2014-03-10 00:03:48   

an "install from scratch" is to install as from the very beginning. As if your server was blank...

This thread has been closed, thank you.