Unpublishing section hides exhibits

jmiket / 2014-03-18 22:54:25   

Hi,

It is my understanding that if you want the section titles to function only as titles, not links, then the section should be unpublished. The published exhibits should still appear in the index, and the section title will appear but will not be clickable. However, when I unpublished my "projects" section, the included exhibits disappear from the index as well.

Maybe I am misunderstanding how this is supposed to work. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

My website is canyoudega.com

Thanks in advance for any help!

jmiket / 2014-03-18 22:56:09   

To clarify: When I unpublish a section, the section title and the exhibits all vanish from the index entirely. I have tested this with the built-in "projects" section, as well a new sections of my creation.

Vaska A / 2014-03-19 01:11:20   

You should login with your other account so we know that you are paying user - you get better/quicker help when you do.

How are you unpublishing the section?

jmiket / 2014-03-19 03:16:51   

Vaska,

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I am not sure what you mean by other account. This is the account I registered right before purchasing CMS 2. I still have a copy of my Paypal receipt if proof is necessary.

Anyways, here is how I am unpublishing the section:

- Click on "Indexhibit" logo to take me to the Index page
- Click "edit" to the right of my Projects section
- On the right side, toggle the "Publish" switch to OFF. This switch is located right above "Options" and "Upload/Import".

Back on the index page, the dot next to "Projects" is now red, and the dots next to the exhibits are still green.

I paid for and downloaded CMS 2 in May 2012, but am just now installing it. Maybe I am missing some updates that have been released in the past 2 years?

Only changes I have made are copying the "Default" theme folder to create a new theme to work off of, and I edited style.css for that new theme.

Please let me know if you need any additional information. Thanks again for the help.

Vaska A / 2014-03-19 05:09:49   

No, you have another account that has the purchase. I know you purchased it, but I can see the other account...

I think you might have an early bug. Download the files from the site (using your other account, of course) and update things. Because you are customizing things you'll want to be careful...

- upload the new 'ndxzstudio' folder
- upload only the /ndxzsite/plugin/plugin.index.php

And let's see how things go after that.

Vaska A / 2014-03-19 05:24:37   

Your other account is called "therobotbox" and the email address is near similar to the one for this account. If that's enough of a hint...

therobotbox / 2014-03-19 12:57:43   

ah! here's the other account. Thanks for the hint!

I will test this out later today when I have time and report back.

therobotbox / 2014-03-19 22:59:14   

Just uploaded the new files and it is working perfectly now. Thanks for the help and keep up the good work!

This thread has been closed, thank you.