images load slowly

anjamatthes / 2014-03-28 16:51:20   

The website I am working on is: anjamatthes.com/

The sections with the images loads very slowly. The images are reduced in size. width=900px, 72dpi. The server is running on php5.

Thank you

Vaska A / 2014-03-28 16:53:46   

You mean the page with 60 images on it? It's really alot of images to be honest.

Vaska A / 2014-03-28 16:55:44   

Things are loading really fast for me - but it took awhile to load the page.

anjamatthes / 2014-03-28 21:37:44   

right. does that mean there is a server issue?

Vaska A / 2014-03-28 22:03:56   

Right...to what? I still don't know exactly what you feel the problem is...

60 images take some time to load - that's not a web server problem but a bandwidth problem. Everybody has to deal with that...

anjamatthes / 2014-03-31 14:06:26   

Thank you so much. we will take images off.

2 more things:

i am trying to add a contact page and for whatever reason it does not seem to create the link on the sidebar to link to the page.
anjamatthes.com/index.php/contact/

and I am trying to change the font-size. I looked at all the css and it does not seem to change anything. I checked the forum and tried what was recommended.

thank you so much for your help!!

Vaska A / 2014-03-31 14:12:13   

Unpublish and then republish the page - that's really odd.

Are you changing font size both with the style plugin and by editing your style.css? The style plugin overrides the same changes to style.css - you have to choose one or the other.

Something you can do, copy the CSS it generates (view the code of your page) and then paste it so the end of your style.css file. Now, remove the parts that are interferring with other changes. You also need to disable the style plugin now...

This thread has been closed, thank you.