Indexhibit
Index + Exhibit

Login:

Created by
Daniel Eatock
Jeffery Vaska
And You

Indexhibit was updated to version 2.1.4 on April 10, 2017.

Menu not working after moving to a new domain / host

Indexhibit version: 2.0
Thread is resolved.

GeekSquared
CANADA
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Hi there,

I built an indexhibit site for someone on my personal domain and now I've moved it to their domain and hosting, however now I can't navigate to anything using the menu. The URL seems to change in my browser's address bar, but it only seems to display the main page.

old: staging.geeksquared.ca/everitt/demo/

new: everittdesign.com

Can anyone help me get this fixed? I'm really not sure what to look for at this point..

Thanks!

GeekSquared
CANADA
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

I also noticed something odd with the link I made on the logo in the top left. It's adding extra information to the link back to the home page so I'm not sure if this is somehow related.

I really appreciate any help! Thanks!

GeekSquared
CANADA
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

I just wanted to add that I searched the forum and couldn't find an answer to this problem.

I copied over the files, imported the database to the new host and updated the config file with the new database information, but I still can't get anywhere.

The exhibits work in the preview, but I can't navigate anywhere on the moved site :(

Vaska A
UNITED STATES
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

You probably have not setup clean url's properly (or they work slightly differently on the new host). Simple to resolve...start by reading the clean url tutorial in Tutorials and having a search in the forum on the topic.

GeekSquared
CANADA
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

I actually never set up clean URLs on the old host, but I can try that to see if it will help on the new host.

Best Answer!
Vaska A
UNITED STATES
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

You are on a Windows IIS server...

I'm surprised it works as much as it does. You might need to tinker with the url stuff a bit (something custom). Or, more easily, have it placed on a Linux/Apache host - nearly all hosts will do this for free.

Windows is not in our requirements list - we don't support that.

GeekSquared
CANADA
4 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Ah, damn. Well that would explain it. My other host is a linux/apache server. I will ask the host if they can switch servers since I have no idea what customization would require to make this work.

Thanks for the input though. It's a step in the right direction at least :)

This thread has been closed, thank you.