Styling an *Index Link* as Active when selected

7 / 2014-04-30 11:38:04   

Is there any way to style an index link as "Active" when it has been selected? So not the regular exhibit links that appear to come under "exhibit_title" class but rather those that come under "exhibit_title exhibit_link" class.

These two threads seem to discuss the same thing:
indexhibit.org/forum/thread/20866/
indexhibit.org/forum/thread/19936/

1. And also tried Arson's manual work around from another thread on this: <style type='text/css'>#index ul.section span.section_title { text-decoration: underline; }</style>
  1. I always thought it would have been controlled here:
  2. #index ul.section li.exhibit_link a:active {
  3. }
  4. But no luck.  Any ideas? 
  5. Cheers!
7 / 2014-04-30 11:44:50   

Thinking about it, other index links I've used link to an external site so can't use this control. This time I'm linking to a hidden Section, if that makes any difference?

yabsan / 2014-05-23 08:38:42   

Hi there,

Same question here. Thought also that it was controlled by #index ul.section…
No way to make it work. I'm also linking to hidden section. I used list-style: disc or circle, on hover and active, and i would like to maintain the disc on active index link.
Any input will be great. Thanks in advance.

Cheers

7 / 2014-05-23 17:18:35   

Yeah, not sure this will help you, but I got around this by creating a Div purely to handle the active state. So it is just a div containing the link in a faux active state, overlaying the "index link".

Vaska A / 2014-05-23 17:28:26   

hey, i'm in london too!

i think you would need to add the active link state in plugin.index.php - i think it was something i left out.

7 / 2014-05-23 17:52:37   

Liking this 'Neutral' font and colours Vaska!
ah right ok I'll have a look at that. Just messing around with tags at the moment; proving very useful!

yabsan / 2014-06-05 08:35:10   

Thanks for inputs, Vaska and UK. I searched the plugin.index.php and had a look but i don't know much about php. Where should i add the active link state ?
Cheers

yabsan / 2014-08-03 07:52:13   

Active link state and plugin.index.php?

This thread has been closed, thank you.