Another Indexhibit Crabwalk Theme

cristina / 2009-01-12 17:24:15   

this is a stupid question sorry, but i'm just a beginner: how do i use this theme? i mean, i dowloaded it and i have this folder called down_quark
what should i copy via FTP, and where?

cristina / 2009-01-12 17:26:25   

i saw that sylvainman posted this instruction:

It's ok I found how to do.
For others :
- Drag the folder "Crabwalk" in /ndxz-studio/site/
- Go to "Settings" in the admin and change the theme for "Crabwalk"

but it is different...

unttld / 2009-01-20 21:01:44   

sorry, I renamed it to separate it from the Crabwalk plugin. It's not plugin dependent anymore.

you can follow the instructions the same just switching the name.

It's ok I found how to do.
For others :
- Drag the folder "down_quark" in /ndxz-studio/site/
- Go to "Settings" in the admin and change the theme for "Down_quark"

hyperionblue / 2009-01-26 02:34:23   

I see in unttld's page for the plugin that when I mouseover text or images, my cursor changes to the open hand or the mac-crosshairs. However, when I'm on my page, I don't have the same fun cursor change...

Is there something I'm missing?

www.tonyvanky.com/exhibit

unttld / 2009-01-26 14:27:34   

Um, yea, sorry, I forgot to bundle that up.

In style.css at line 77 in this:

#content img {
border: 1px solid #231f20;
cursor: move; /* add this bit */
}

Changing the cursor value will give you the grabbing hand.

:)

hyperionblue / 2009-01-26 23:15:14   

Hazzah! Thanks a low.

hyperionblue / 2009-01-26 23:15:55   

(lot even.)

writeon / 2009-01-27 20:23:02   

Outstanding work on this... In relation to AntoineLafontaine's suggestion, restricting the "draggable" axis to only x seems to make for smoother sailing, though maybe not as fun.

Anyway, for anyone interested in making an adjustment you'll need to find the following in the jquery-ui.js file:

$.extend($.ui.draggable, {
    defaults: {
        appendTo: "parent",
        axis: 'x',
        cancel: ":input",
        delay: 0,
        distance: 1,
        helper: "original",
        scope: "default",
        cssNamespace: "ui"

As you can see, there are several modifications available, and if you do additional searching, you'll find a series of different attributes.

Cheers,

J

sylvainman / 2009-02-17 16:41:03   

A lot of people told me they didn't understand they were able to drag pictures on my website.
So decided to show the scroll bar, in the index I put "auto" instead of "hidden".

1. ¬†¬†¬†¬†$("body").css( "overflow" , "auto" );
  2. ¬†¬†¬†¬†$("#content").draggable({ opacity: 0.0 });

But if I use both, the drag feature and the scroll bar, there's a bug. They don't communicate each other :
sylvainthomin.com

How could I fix it ?
Thx

Vaska A / 2009-02-17 16:50:01   

woops...wrong crabs...i have no idea...

Jolin / 2009-02-17 18:38:34   

this is rad! just curious, how i would be able to make my logo transparent like my menu. so when a photo goes behind it, there wont be a big white block on over laying the image.

unttld / 2009-02-18 15:25:30   

@sylvainman: ehm, it seems to work on all the pages but the first one. unless it's on a PC. I can't speak to that at the moment as i'm about 20Km from a PC. I suspect it's a conflict with the JS grabbing the XY positions in relation to the browser window and not updating when you use the scroll bar, but updating itself once you start dragging it around again.

Any JS ninjas think I'm crazy talking? or is that plausible?

@Jolin: the menu is using a transparent PNG. You could use a transparent PNG file for your logo as well.

@Vaska: If there is a way to edit the forum title to avoid confusion I'd be down for that :)

sylvainman / 2009-02-20 05:21:08   

@unttld : no it is ok on the first page, there's just one picture. My english is terrible so I'm going to try a differnt way.
- For example go to my website on this page
- Drag pictures a bit on the left
- Then move the scroll bar as you want and come back to the begining
And it is not the begining, it is like after the last "drag".

Is there a way to fix that ?

If you edit the forum title you should change your last update too on the first post.

AntoineLafontaine / 2009-02-20 06:20:22   

Sylvain,

Tu dois synchroniser le scrollbar avec le script qui permet de dragger tes images. Cela doit être fait via javascript.

Par exemple, quand tu drags les photos, le scrollbar doit aussi être déplacé d'un espace equivalent pour compenser. En ce moment, les deux actions sont distinctes les unes des autres. Ce n'est pas un bug comme tel, c'est une lacune du template.

Je crois que le drag de jquery UI permet de synchroniser le scrollbar avec le drag. Si tu recherches un peu dans la documentation tu devrais trouver. Je ne peux pas me prononcer sur le niveau de complexité de la chose, mais c'est surment plus simple que de faire cela "manuellement".

sylvainman / 2009-02-20 14:44:09   

@Antoine : Excellent, tu as compris mon problème. Et moi je sais dans quel sens chercher.

sylvainman / 2009-02-20 14:52:23   

Translation of what Antoine suggest to me :
Find a way in jQuery to synchronize the scrollbar and the drag functions.

I'm going to try to find that, but as I know almost nothing in javascript if somebody knows how to do it, it will be appreciated.
I will post here what I find.

unttld / 2009-02-20 19:43:50   

Oh okay I get it. When you move stuff left the scroll bar doesn't show up allowing you to scroll horizontally to the stuff you just dragged off the page.

I'll be sure to look into that. And post findings. and updates.

ditisik / 2009-05-13 23:33:11   

is it possible to make this just draggable horizontally? so the vertical is set?

unttld / 2009-05-25 13:51:04   

Hey ditisik, you can make it draggable in one direction by adding:

1. $('#content').draggable({ axis: 'x' });

to the javascript at the bottom of the theme index.php file.

@ilferroud, you could probably do that with a cookie and store the last x, y coordinates in it. Then have it use those values before any other value…

ditisik / 2009-05-27 20:52:10   

thank you very much unttld, it works fine, but for one thing, when i ad more images they suddenly appear below the others instead of just next to them on the right, outside of the screen. How could i change this.

thank you so much for your work

bwiley / 2009-05-28 18:55:01   

Hi Unttld. I just discovered your theme and I'm really digging it so far. I originally found it when doing a search for shopping cart systems and indexhibit.

I was wondering if you might shed a little light on your intentions for the shopping cart/checkout system. If you don't feel like this is the best place to do it, or it might cloud the thread too much please let me know if there's a better way.

Thanks so much to you and everyone else on the board! It's been a great learning experience.

harigomata / 2009-05-29 12:56:13   

Hello everybody!

I love the dragable scheme and the menudroping thing. I managed to do that and it works fine on Safari, Firefox (Mac and XP), but my images are cut only on the right hand side; the bottom is never cut.

have a look at it to understand what I mean at: www.architektur.ar2com.de (the effect is more obvious with a smaller browser window).

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

harigomata / 2009-06-04 13:41:33   

I wanted to add that it is cut with Internet Explorer? Safari and Firefox work fine.

Any suggestions?

monardo / 2009-07-07 14:04:37   

Hello unttld, I was looking around for a solution to a problem and I found this thread...
Basically a client ask me to do a site very similar to this.
What he likes about it is how the images show, first as thumbnails and once clicked as "slideshow".
I see you did something similar here: http://hold.unttld.com/index.php?/project/three/

Is there a way to start from your project to arrive to what my client needs?
Any ideas or known plugins / themes?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Vaska A / 2009-07-07 14:07:17   

Please read the forum rules.

monardo / 2009-07-07 15:52:41   

Sorry Vaska A, I assume you asked me to read the forum rules because I forgot to mention wich site I am working on.
At the moment it is only a "test" I am doing within my site, and you can see it here.

Cheers and thanks!

7 / 2009-07-23 16:24:07   

monardo; assuming won't tell you what's in the rules ;)
The whole bit about clients in the rules is what Vaska"A" (bring the small red A back Vaska! :p) wants you to look at.

So yeah this is a cool thing going on. I remember reading it ages ago but am looking to use some of what you've done uttld!
The trouble is as it's a work in progress it's kind of hard to follow in this thread what with peoples example links either not using it anymore or with dead links :(

uttld; it's possible to have this work for a different div, like a menu, rather than the content div, right? I've done some pretty heavy customization to my index.php but I'm going to read through down_quark's now to see if I can get what's going on! If you see this is the mean time though any pointers would be awesome, cheers.

Vaska A / 2009-07-23 19:30:31   

Honestly, if it were me...I would take the Horizontal format and add the jquery draggable code and customize the draggable ones as needed. And, yes, it would be really easy to add a rule to make the menu nodes draggable too...maybe something like (just off the top of my head)...

1. $('#menu ul').draggable();

One of the things that we have learned in two years on this project is that we should probably provide even more generic formats and then have javascript drive the effects purely...it's better web technique. Of course, it wouldn't work for all situations but in this one my approach would do very well.

I'm thinking alot these days about formats and if it's possible to make them build on top of each other kind of like bricks. I'm still not sure...

vesamk / 2009-07-25 22:56:06   

hello evryone!
i was curious to try out this theme and found out its pretty cool.
Is there any way to make it draggable like iphone style - so that when you drag it a bit it skips to the next image?

7 / 2009-07-30 22:07:20   

gah

I've tried working the necessary elements from this into my own index html. I'm getting

Failed to load source for:

the two js files when I run Firebug. So they're not being picked up, so no moveable div. Anyone know why this might be happening? Google hasn't thrown much up yet...

clairesuzann / 2010-05-18 09:56:42   

hi there,

i really like this theme. however i am working with alot of video and something is restricting
the play of videos with this theme.

for example when i embedd my video from vimeo all the features work however i am unable to click on the vimeo box to play the video... anyone able to help???

http://www.clairesuzanntaylor.com/index.php?/motion/mobile-movie/

Vaska A / 2010-05-18 10:12:19   

This version of the format is redundant. It was vastly improved in the "horizontal" format that you can find on the downloads page.

The problem though is that embedding videos into this format is complicated and not really possible without doing your own customizations.

I am closing this thread...you can continue in a new thread...people should use Horizontal.

This thread has been closed, thank you.