varying rows

nicolasdangelo / 2014-05-25 03:08:07   

hello,
is it possible to have a visual index with varying counter number per row?
i would like to have a visual index where each line of images is dedicated to a different work, which my need a different number of images than the previous/next.
each thumbnail here is a work to which i would like to dedicate a row:
nicolasdangelo.com/index.php/work/bricolage/

nicolasdangelo / 2014-05-25 03:48:14   

another question, could i make a thumbnail in a visual index page a link, not to the full size version of that image only but to a page, say a horizontal format page starting with the full size version but continuing with others...?

i'm spending quite some time with indexhibit, and i'm looking through the forum as well. if i ask something that was previously acknowledged please excuse me, and i would appreciate it if you point me in the direction to read it

nicolasdangelo / 2014-05-26 17:54:51   

if someone could tell me 'the setting to have varying row size is in front of your nose here and you don't see', or 'this is not possible except editing some asset', or something that would help to know a direction towards which i could find the solution... i need just a hint at least. thank you.

i would like to have a visual index where each row doesn't have the same counter number, so i can put one work plus some associated materials (which vary for each work) per row.

nicolasdangelo.com/index.php/work/bricolage/

thank you, and i enjoy working with indexhibit and want to learn more.

Vaska A / 2014-05-26 18:00:43   

What you want to do would require quite alot of customization - PHP, HTML, CSS, Javascript. If you are willing to jump in and try (because this is not work for a beginner coder) give it a try.

nicolasdangelo / 2014-05-26 21:01:14   

thank you for your response, vaska.
i am not even a beginner... so... for now it is not an option.
another solution to my problem would be to leave the index page as is, and to be able to click on the image of one work to access a page dedicated to it using the horizontal format to show the different images, exclusive to that work. i would hide that page from the index, but i don't know how to make each thumbnail in the visual index a link to another exhibit. i found posts that i think talk about that, but i have to study them... this would be a little easier perhaps?

nicolasdangelo / 2014-05-30 10:30:02   

i already learnt what to do to have and index page where each thumbnail links to several related images. i had to think backwards: instead of the index page first, compose all the pages for each work under one section which will become the index page just by setting 'media source: section', instead of 'media source: exhibit'.

nicolasdangelo / 2014-10-20 19:01:12   

this resolved for me as per my last comment! thanks!

This thread has been closed, thank you.