Visual Index, Gimgs vs. Dimgs, clearing cache

johnzhao137 / 2014-06-30 15:45:10   

Hi everyone. I'm no web designer and it takes me trial and error to have figured everything out so far as far as customizations go. So pardon the need for lay-man's terms. This one is relating to the gimgs and dimgs folder in my hosting where all the media like thumbnails and photographs etc go.

It took a lot of tweaking, reloading, refreshing and playing around to get my thumbnails in my photo galleries to align properly under the Visual Index setting. There were many instances where the thumbnails would be on top of each other or out of alignment, but mostly I noticed certain options wouldn't yield thumbnails but a series of error codes pointing to the thumbnails/pics it cannot connect to, broken images, etc. I finally seem to have got it working a bit after constant redoing...
johnxzhao.com/project/spirits/

Which brought up the main question: In my hosting, under the Files folder, there are both gimgs and dimgs. When I go to settings to clear cache or clear dynamic images, it reads "dimgs cache cleared" even though it seems like all my media is actually being stored in the gimgs folder. What is the difference between the two? Is there chance that I'm saving things to the wrong folder and a bunch of useless cache, old thumbnails files etc will start taking up space without my being able to clear it?

Thanks if someone can explain whether this is a concern or not and how to fix if it is. Cheers

Vaska A / 2014-07-01 14:45:08   

Dimgs (dynamic images) are used in specific places - it does not mean that you use them. Gimgs (gallery images) are the source and resized images.

You don't need to change where files are being saved - Indexhibit takes care of that.

This thread has been closed, thank you.