Section Subtitle duplicating

pipopep / 2014-07-01 19:20:20   

Hi! I've just upgraded to version 2. Previously used Eatock template, have little experience with the CMS but finally managed to get up to this stage thanks to the forum posts.

Website is sorenmayes.com

Just this problem: Section Title and the 1st Section Sub-title seems to duplicate.

Gallery {section title}.
_ 2014 {section sub-title}
___ 2014 {sub-folder} (slideshow)

_ 2012 {section sub-title}
___ Autumn Winter {sub-folder 1} (slideshow)
___ 2012 {sub-folder 2} (slideshow)

_ 2010 {section sub-title}
___ 2010 {sub-folder 1} (slideshow)
___ Paintings {sub-folder 2} (slideshow)
___ Suites {sub-folder 3} (slideshow)
___ Encounters {sub-folder 4} (slideshow)
___ Drawings {sub-folder 5} (slideshow)
___ Early Paintings {sub-folder 6} (slideshow)

I'd like it to just be…

Gallery
_2014 (slideshow)
_2013 (slideshow)
_ 2012 (slideshow)
___ Autumn Winter {sub-folder 1} (slideshow)
_ 2011 (slideshow)
_ 2010 (slideshow)
___ Paintings {sub-folder 1} (slideshow)
___ Suites {sub-folder 2} (slideshow)
___ Encounters {sub-folder 3} (slideshow)
___ Drawings {sub-folder 4} (slideshow)
___ Early Paintings {sub-folder 5} (slideshow)

Please how can I solve this? Thanks in advance.

Vaska A / 2014-07-01 20:47:23   

Simply make something like 2014 have a media source of "exhibit" and upload your images.

Older Indexhibit worked exactly like the current version in this respect but version 2 gives you a little more space to be inventive...

pipopep / 2014-07-03 10:19:56   

Hi Vaska, Thanks for your reply. I've checked and Media Source is 'Exhibit' for the years named '2014' etc.

So I tried something else by deleting '2014' and create a new '2014' exhibit — it is letting me 'add files' as a list of files, but it won't actually upload them. When I hover over the 'status bar' (next to the yellow 'Cancel' button of the files list) it says no files selected. The same goes for the 'Upload' button too.

As such 2014 is empty, 'unpublished' as it were. I have left 2013 etc for now.

I've tried on both Safari/Mac and Firefox/Mac browsers.

Is there something I need to do wrt permissions? I've followed the upgrade procedures and the website should have automatically be the same as pre-v2.

Thanks.

pipopep / 2014-07-03 10:36:22   

update:
Ooh, after going back and forth on different web browsers, it appears to have refreshed everything so I can upload now.

At the moment it is coming up as a background multi-image at the moment, but hopefully the server would refresh in a few moments.

pipopep / 2014-07-03 11:01:30   

update:
Background tiling was on for some reason, so turned off now. looks good.

Except we have the same problem with the folders duplicating.

Help!

Vaska A / 2014-07-03 14:47:53   

It's duplicating because you are creating an exhibit of the same title as the section. I thought, from your explanation above, you only needed the section (like 2014) - you don't need an exhibit of that same name/title.

pipopep / 2014-07-03 15:36:31   

Aha, I gotcha!
Index < Section (title page/parent) < Exhibit (sub-pages/child)

This issue is now resolved by going to the Sections tab in Admin mode, then changing the Section Organisation from Chronological to Default. Then in Index mode, re-arranging them as preferred under the Gallery listing.

Vaska you're awesome, thanks again!

This thread has been closed, thank you.