After moving site to new host, log-in page blank and webpage broken.

nzshihab / 2014-07-05 18:58:49   

Dear community,

I'm hoping someone can help me troubleshoot my issue.

HERE'S WHAT I DID:
1. I switched hosting service to DreamHost and cancelled my old hosting service.
2. Upon realizing, my site wouldn't automatically show up and that I had to re-upload files (yes, I'm a newbie), I recovered by old indexhibit website files from my old host and uploaded to DreamHost via FTP. They are in the EXACT same form they were when I downloaded them from my old host.

WHAT HAPPENED:
1. Log-in Page Blank: When I try to log-in to lahibjaddo.com/ndxzstudio/ in order to update my database info, my log-in page is blank.
2. Website not showing up: lahibjaddo.com

Based on reading previous posts, my guess is that my problem has to do with my index.php . Unfortunately, I do not have any older index.php files backed up other than this one that I uploaded, so if it's corrupted, I'm not sure what to do.

Also, I THINK the site is 2.x, but I don't know how to tell.

Can anyone help?

Nadia

Vaska A / 2014-07-05 19:17:37   

lahibjaddo.com/

Your site DNS is still pointed at your old host - this is the first thing to resolve. You can probably get help from DH changing this if you don't know how...

Until that part is resolved, we can't even see your Indexhibit files.

Vaska A / 2014-07-05 19:19:29   

You should also be logging in here with your "ljaddo" account.

nzshihab / 2014-07-05 20:09:50   

I just checked with DH and they confirmed that my DNS actually IS pointed correctly.

I came across this forum post and got scared:
indexhibit.org/forum/thread/18173/

Based on this post, I fear my website errors may be a database issue? I say this bc while I recovered my files from my old site and uploaded to DH, I didn't realize I was also supposed to back-up/upload my previous database. I am in the process of trying to recover this from Dot Easy, my old host.

Is that what you would suggest?

(Sorry for logging in w/nshihab instead of ljaddo. I manage my mother's website in addition to my own and sometimes log-in as myself to the forums.)

nzshihab / 2014-07-05 20:37:00   

It turns out my sql database file is already in the recovered files I uploaded via FTP. Is that enough for the site to link to the new database, or should I be doing something more?

Regarding the homepage that shows text from my old host, DH support just wrote me to say:

"Yes, DNS is pointed properly. They likely assumed that since the page showing says "Powered by Webhost.com" that it wasn't us but thats just what your index file contains.

You have an index.html file which takes precedence over the .php file so it was showing the index.html file. I renamed that file for you, allowing the .php one to load but it looks like your software has a PHP memory error. This means you have exhausted the default PHP memory limit of 90mb."

nzshihab / 2014-07-05 21:31:26   

Progress is being made:

I uploaded my database through DH via phpMyAdmin.

Now website is showing error message:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 94371840 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 130968 bytes) in /home/lahjad/lahibjaddo.com/ndxzstudio/common.php on line 45

Previous posts regarding this error have different solutions. Not sure what to do next. DH is advising me to go into php file and change code to up the memory, but I wanted to check in with indexhibit first.

Vaska A / 2014-07-06 07:43:42   

Did you edit your config file with the database connection info?

/ndxzsite/config/config.php

ljaddo / 2014-07-06 20:35:10   

Thank you for that tip, Vaska. I just edited the config.php file with the updated info. Still no change. Still have the error message but it changed slightly to say:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 94371840 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 130968 bytes) in /home/lahjad/lahibjaddo.com/ndxzstudio/common.php on line 296

ljaddo / 2014-07-08 06:37:25   

AHA! You were correct Vaska. The solution was in the database connection info. I found that I didn't use the correct type of quotes around the database password. Basically, I used a ` instead of a '. Once I corrected that, the website came back to life.

This thread has been closed, thank you.