New GoDaddy cPanel installation?

kchqtt / 2014-07-09 18:00:37   

Hey everyone,

I know GoDaddy has been the source of various problems with regards to indexhibit, but I had always used them with little problems.

Since then, they have implemented Cpanel for modifying their hosting. I've managed to use the Cyberduck as FTP software and correctly uploaded all the Indexhibit files for installation--in addition, I also changed the permissions to the correct settings but still can't activate the install.php file through my browser.

Has anyone here successfully made their site using GoDaddy's cPanel and can offer me any assistance?

Vaska A / 2014-07-09 18:03:42   

Cpanel doesn't install things for you - not with Indexhibit, at least.

You need it to setup the database. You use FTP to move your files to the server - and then install following our instructions.

kchqtt / 2014-07-10 03:27:04   

Yes, I've installed everything to my FTP correctly, but am now only getting a 403 error, in addition to a 404 as of now.

I've gotten indexhibit to install correctly and went through all the steps in browser, but when attempting to visit my URL's homepage, receiving the 403/404 error.

kchqtt / 2014-07-10 04:09:15   

Nevermind! I re-added an index.php to both my public_html folders and my FTP main folders and the site is working as it should.

Thanks again!

This thread has been closed, thank you.