uploading Indexhibit to server

LJackson / 2014-07-10 03:46:28   

I am trying to upload my indexhibit files to my server/host. I did this first using Cyber Duck, following the install tutorial. I got them up there but couldn't progress further with the install - when i entered my site name it said the connection had been reset. I then read in teh forum not to use cyber duck, so have deleted the files i uploaded and am now going to try using filezilla. Thing is i don't know where to upload them, or even if i'm using the right nameserver or whatever to connect. Any assistance to install would be appreciated. I'm using hostgator.

Vaska A / 2014-07-10 06:21:44   

Upload the files to the "public_html" folder. If you are having problems getting your FTP settings to work contact the webhost and they will help you through that part.

LJackson / 2014-07-11 01:17:39   

I've got it up and now have the indexhibit interface to play with. Is there a tutorial you recommend that takes you through the design process - uploading images, setting up web mail, just the basic, comprehensive 'how to use' type thing? The website is leahjackson.net if you want to check it out and see if its configured correctly. i can't tell. Cheers.

LJackson / 2014-07-11 01:35:38   

It also seems like i'm not getting an image option in the 'edit' section -- just a note saying 'no image'

Vaska A / 2014-07-11 09:05:13   

I see images on your site so you must have figured it out.

Section pages automatically have a 'media source' of 'section' - you simply need to switch that to exhibit if you wish to use it as an exhibit instead of a section page.

This thread has been closed, thank you.