Google Analytics

mstevenson / 2014-07-13 16:21:21   

I have reviewed the relevant posts, but still cant get Google Analytics to recognize that I have put in the tracking code. I added this at the end of my index.php file, immediately before the

This is what I added:

This is where the GA stuff goes

Is this right script tag? Is there some other issue I should be aware of with adding the GA tracking code script?

Thanks

mstevensonphotography.com

mstevenson / 2014-07-13 16:31:38   

Sorry...Ill try again

1. I have reviewed the relevant posts, but still cant get Google Analytics to recognize that I have put in the tracking code. I added this at the end of my index.php file, immediately before the
  2. </body>
  3. </html>
  1. This is what I added:
  2. <script>
  3. Google Analytics code
  4. </script>

Is this right script tag? Is there some other issue I should be aware of with adding the GA tracking code script?

Thanks

mstevensonphotography.com

mstevenson / 2014-07-13 16:34:25   

whatever

Vaska A / 2014-07-13 22:01:24   

You only need to post the relevant info. Does GA not have info about what to post on your site?

Being recognized by GA isn't something Indexhibit controls...you have to play by their very exact rules.

mstevenson / 2014-07-15 02:43:42   

I left the code as instructed according to both GA and information from previous Indexhibit posts, and it does work now after having waited a day. The misleading part about GA is that they give you a time stamp of the last time it tried to check whether you posted the information correctly (listed as "tracking code status"), which refreshes approx. every four minutes. While I did understand that it may take up to several days for actual data to appear on GA, I was under the impression, given the appearance of this status check refreshing so often that it would be an indication of whether GA was able to use the tracking code one is required to add to the site. However, it is obvious to me now, given that the tracking status is now "receiving data", that the status state is in no way indicated by the time it says it last checked the status code. I'm not sure this is making much sense but by writing this out I hope that someone in a similar predicament might find this helpful. And yes, I do realize this isn't something Indexhibit controls, but thought I would use this forum, since at the time I wasn't sure if it was something I was doing wrong with Indexhibit or not. Thanks for the reply though.

This thread has been closed, thank you.