Is mobile version ready yet?

Domestic / 2014-07-22 15:49:03   

Hi there,

I've been searching the forums for info related to the new mobile option for V2 and was wondering if it was ready yet.

If not, where would I look to find out when it is? Would you announce it somewhere?

Thanks, Shaun

alexmoomey / 2014-08-03 03:31:38   

I check here about this also, Shaun. I do so about once every 3-4weeks for about a year now. This question has been raised for sometime now. I genuinely do not mean to be rude or seem like a complainer or create a fuss but do you ever really plan to do this? I feel like moving on to a new CMS is the way to go here if I want my site looking better on mobile and have actually began experimenting and making motions in this direction. I have also given an honest attempt to customize it myself, but i'm not an expert in code just average.

I must also say that I find honest attempts to 'figure things out' here and ask questions often get "shut down" rather quickly and the admins are usually moderately sarcastic in that we should "search the forums" for that information first (as if we hadn't done that.) To be quite honest a second time, your forums are not as easy to search or find clarity of information as you suggest.

I have also emailed directly my concerns on a couple of occasions rather than posting them here and received no response.

I did pay for the CMS. I don't regret that - I enjoyed it at the time. But for the amount I paid and a quick search through some other sites there is much more functionality and quality for a lot less which still has simplicity in design.

Yes, I suppose this turned into a rant. Can you really blame me? I fully understand why you'll will delete this post.

Oh, but this is meant as an archetypal format? If I don't like it then don't use it? Well, I think you make a few minor changes occasionally, here, to freshen things up. You keep people hanging on but don't follow through. I had some belief this would actually happen and was willing to wait it out. I like simplicity of web-design over complicity as much as the next guy/gal/variation-thereof. But not at the sake of functionality.

Quit fence-sitting. Either push out a mobile compatible archetype or don't. Or let someone else post here there solution to making it mobile instead of hiding it. But don't say your going to for 2 years and not. I think mobile compatibility in this context is much more important than some participants system.

Vaska A / 2014-08-03 03:41:05   

You can check our site (not the forum though) on your phone and you'll see where the progress is. Just last week I hired somebody to help us out - finally. Finding help, and finding help that I can afford, is not easy. Indexhibit doesn't bring in much money, unfortunately and I can't do all the things I'm supposed to do myself. I even posted a note seeking help in our News some time ago (I got zero responses).

I am going to close this thread, as I do with contentious threads, because it's not needed around here. I'm not being sarcastic or any of the other things you have called me...

Vaska A / 2014-08-03 04:06:46   

This part about "honest attempts" though...

If you have a solution go for it. It's never been our mission in this forum to simply fix every customization. Alot of the code people contributed in this forum and to us publicly was not very good. And what's worse, is that unwitting people came along and thought it was worth their time trying to work with code that didn't even work (which was very bad for the forum).

This is why I often tried to simply avoid those kinds of solutions. I can only do so much. People are and always have been responsible for their own sites and their own customizations since day one.

Officially, mobile is not ready.

This thread has been closed, thank you.