Page specific content in Post-Nav section

tkracauer / 2014-07-31 07:20:19   

Hey indexhibiteers,

I was wondering if anyone has ever been able to use the post-nav area in the index as the place for page specific captioning, writing, etc.— or explained in another way: on each page a description of the content on the page (in the exhibit area) would appear in the index area (under the navigation). The navigation would stay on each page, but the post-nav information would be unique to each page.

If anyone has done it before, or seen it, or could help me figure out if its possible or not, or point me in the right direction where to look I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
Tom

Vaska A / 2014-07-31 13:49:39   

That wouldn't work because PostNav isn't exhibit specific.

You edit your template though to make that possible and use a little more html (for structure) in your exhibit content space.

tkracauer / 2014-07-31 15:33:55   

Thanks for the response Vaska!

Shot in the dark, but do you happen to know an indexhibit site that has this feature?

tkracauer / 2014-07-31 15:40:54   

If i understand you correctly, I would place a new div in the index.php file in the index that would pull from specific content that I input into the exhibit area, but have that content be hidden in the exhibit area and visible in the index? Is that kind of how i would do it?

Vaska A / 2014-07-31 15:41:32   

Do you have a mockup of exactly what you are trying to do? Send it to me at support at indexhibit dot org and I'll see what I can do.

tkracauer / 2014-07-31 16:21:53   

Vaska! Thanks. I sent over a pdf. Thanks a bunch for taking a look.

Best,
tk

tkracauer / 2014-08-01 04:35:30   

Resolved this by using this javascript in the index.php file:

$(function() {
$("#captionFromExhibitSide").appendTo($("#captionInIndex"));
});

I placed #captionFromExhibitSide on the specific page (in the text field) and placed #captionInIndex into the #index in the index.php file. Works for me!

Thanks for the help Vaska!

This thread has been closed, thank you.