help out an indexhibit noob

cheapterrorkitty / 2014-08-04 19:34:30   

Note: This may be a duplicate, I posted ~15 minutes ago but it never appeared.

So, I managed to install Indexhibit, make a new exhibit and upload photos. It all looks great from the back end, I can reorder them, add descriptions etc. But when I hit preview or viewed my site regularly, my main page would load but links to any content would lead to 404 errors. Sometimes it would let me get to the "projects" page, but when I clicked my thumbnail to view my project it went to 404.

I checked permissions, they are all as they should be according to the installation guide (at 777, 755 didn't seem to work). I thought that clean URL's might be the issue, so I defined modrewrite as "true" in the options.php file, changed the htaccess file name to ".htaccess", and tried with and without the "/" in front of "index.php" in the .htaccess file.

Now, my main page and any section links go to a completely blank white page, no 404 or anything. Changing the .htaccess file etc back to how it was originally has no effect. The back end still works perfectly.

Is there any way to know whether this is something I've done wrong (VERY likely) or a hosting issue (I'm using nearlyfreespeech.com)? Files I should reupload? Any help would be awesome, I'm new to this stuff. My site is theoterry.com. Let me know if there's any other info that would be useful.

cheapterrorkitty / 2014-08-04 19:36:46   

Sorry, that should be nearlyfreespeech.net.

Vaska A / 2014-08-04 20:55:23   

When you use the ndxz styles plugin you MUST select colors for the links. You left them white.

Your page is there you just can't see it. Simply correct this...

;)

cheapterrorkitty / 2014-08-04 22:00:20   

Thanks! That did the trick. I also realized that I was creating index links instead of exhibits which was why my content wouldn't show up before. Thanks for the quick response.

Vaska A / 2014-08-04 22:22:46   

Yay. Just little things to get used to - you are doing everything just fine. ;)

This thread has been closed, thank you.