My website is down

leahgordon / 2014-08-12 18:46:33   

Earlier today some of my images were not loading but now I have no access at all to my site

leahgordon.co.uk

Vaska A / 2014-08-12 19:08:22   

Has it worked in the past? Is this a recent upgrade?

I can see that a bunch of files are missing or have weird permissions. Javascript isn't working.

I wonder if things aren't working because of your counter code - try taking that out and see if things improve (a place to begin).

leahgordon / 2014-08-12 19:23:01   

There has been no recent upgrade or anything. The statcounter code has been there a long time and I've never had any problems and I would like to keep it if possible.
Some pages load and have missing images, some load OK and some won't even load. My access to the back office is also intermittent. Sometimes I have not access at all today and sometimes I do have access.

Vaska A / 2014-08-12 19:31:17   

I think something is not right with the server - many files are not loading. The server is probably slow because of database issues (the host has put too many people on it).

I'll look a little more...

leahgordon / 2014-08-12 19:33:24   

Do you mean your server or my host server?

Vaska A / 2014-08-12 19:41:43   

Technically, it could be either.

It's very unsual that images don't get served to the site even though I can see they exist. That, would likely be a server issue. But, the general slowness could be a database problem.

I see error messages like this in the console...

- Failed to load resource: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT
- Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

You might ask your host if they see anything in their mod_secuity logs that are causing this. It might be a permissions issue (I've seen hosts go through and change permissions globally on all files (I have no idea if this is what happened).

Vaska A / 2014-08-12 19:42:21   

Your server...your site runs completely independent from our website. We can not affect anything on your site from our system...

leahgordon / 2014-08-12 19:47:27   

So to be clear should I contact streamline.net?

Vaska A / 2014-08-12 20:01:32   

Yeah, but, I know that host. They aren't going to be easy about this...

Knowing them though, I bet your site is over sold.

Your site is terribly slow - I can't load the Tailors exhibit - still waiting...

Vaska A / 2014-08-12 20:02:45   

Start by asking them if there are any issues on your server. And tell them that you are getting those error notes in your browser console window when trying to view things.

And ask them specifically if there are problems with the databases today because they are really slow.

See what happens...

leahgordon / 2014-08-12 20:05:58   

I'll call them tomorrow and let you know what they say

This thread has been closed, thank you.