Indexhibit
Index + Exhibit

Login:

Created by
Daniel Eatock
Jeffery Vaska
And You

Indexhibit was updated to version 2.1.4 on April 10, 2017.

change font weight section in nav

Indexhibit version: 2.0
Thread is resolved.

gana
AUSTRALIA
3 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Hi I have been trying to use the forum to change the font weight of the section headings in the navigation but no result. I go into style.css and try to make the section font weight 300 but no result. My site is gianniwise.com. I want a look that is more like celineberger.com. Someone suggests going into base.css.

Vaska A
UNITED STATES
3 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

A tip for you: make use of the "Inspect Element" (or Firebug) in your browser to pinpoint the things you want to adjust. If you get the hang of this it will take you very far...

What you want to do is target .section_title. Simply add this to the end of your style.css file and adjust as you with. Rememeber to use Shift + browser refresh to see changes to your style file.

1. .section_title { font-weight: 300; }
gana
AUSTRALIA
3 year(s) ago
Permalink Post
  1. Starting to try this great feature out in firefox browser. 
  2. Managed to work out a few things though like default font and lines under the sections. Very interesting 
  3. But I added 
  4. .section_title { font-weight: 300; } at the end to target .section_title but still no change. Any ideas? thanks
Vaska A
UNITED STATES
3 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Did you shift + browser refresh? It looks 300 to me...I could be wrong though...

gana
AUSTRALIA
3 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Yes did it... curious! I am learning a lot but with Firebug. Slowly but I will improve... maybe there's something else that I forgot and missed. So its right after #exhibit .container {
}
Correct. Thanks again Vaska.

gana
AUSTRALIA
3 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Oh well guess I'm stuck with bolded section titles till I get better at this! thanks

Vaska A
UNITED STATES
3 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Don't be like that. You know, sometimes on WEEKENDS I take some time off...

Vaska A
UNITED STATES
3 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Ok, now that I'm actually at work. You aren't stuck with anything...

Your CSS says that the font-weight is 100 - isn't this what you wanted? It looks like to me. You might not see it for a variety of reasons - browser cache, your browser doesn't play well with that setting, you don't have the right fonts on your computer, etc.

Vaska A
UNITED STATES
3 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

I'm sending you an email of what I see on your site - it looks like lighter text to me.

gana
AUSTRALIA
3 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

sent a reply by email. thanks

Best Answer!
Vaska A
UNITED STATES
3 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Haha - I'm stupid!

Sometimes you need to target things more specifically - I don't really have a way to explain this but CSS can't be very particular (and that's a good thing).

Change it to...

1. #index ul.section span.section_title, 
  2. #index ul.section span.section_title a { font-weight: 300; }

And see how that goes.

gana
AUSTRALIA
3 year(s) ago
Permalink Post

Brilliant. Guess the extra specific line did the trick. On a learning curve here and I appreciate all ur help.

Showing 1 - 12 of 12 posts in Forum » Upgrade » change font weight section in nav

This thread has been closed, thank you.