More than one slideshow per project?

mwes / 2014-09-09 12:24:36   

Dear Devs, Dear Community,

I’ve got another quick question: is it possible to add more than one slideshow to a project?

I have a bunch of photographs and a bunch of book spreads that I’d like to show in the same project, but underneath each other. something like this:

## Project Headline
bla bla bla
bla bla bla
bla bla bla
bla bla bla

back / next
slideshow number 1

back / next
slideshow number 2

a possible workaround could also be that two separate projects are shown underneath each other in the #exhibit container. but I’m a little anxious about that code!

thank you :)

Vaska A / 2014-09-09 12:27:28   

It's possible...with customization. And, it's a good amount of work.

Over the years I've encouraged people to make this format (or plugin) but I've never seen it.

mwes / 2014-09-09 12:46:48   

Thanks Jeff! Can you elaborate a little? What would the strategy be like? Maybe I can fiddle something out, but I am not sure how to start.

From my point of view, I think I’d go with 2 exhibits underneath each other (and hiding the second from the #index)

Vaska A / 2014-09-09 13:28:59   

It's quite complicated...

You have to write a javascript gallery script of some sort that would allow you have multiple Slideshows on the page.

It would be easier as a plugin. You would insert the plugin into your textarea and tell it which exhibit (set of images) to grab. You woudln't be able to grab from just one exhibit - there is no way to distinguish things going that route.

It would be so much easier to have just one Slideshow and simply separate things with title and caption - use text to distinguish whatever it is you think having two separate ones are going to achieve.

Slideshow is a terrible format - I've never liked this format even if it was/is popular - because is has that jaggedness from one image to the next. With two Slideshows I can imagine just how much worse that's going to be...

Slideshow would work better if people chose images of the same size and orientation - but they never do (and there are good reasons for that).

I've been working on a new slideshow I'm calling Slides. I've resolved the jaggedness by only allowing the slides on the exhibit to be on display - the body text is hidden when viewed. It functions via the Visual Index format - begins with thumbnails.

mwes / 2014-09-09 13:43:53   

I see. Thanks for the input! I’ll try to bring my content into the right context, then. Form follows function! (a bit)

Your points with slideshow are valid, but with good pictures, the presentation performs really well. Although it’s a bit cheating: I have a 1000x600 image wherein I have complete control on positioning and image size.

mwesely.de/m2/index.php/project/fucking-space/ here, for instance. it‘s still locked, but i can mail you the pass.

Vaska A / 2014-09-09 14:10:21   

Damn, I need to hire somebody to proofread my posts. I guess that's what happens when I'm working away on code and then trying to communicate in a normal language. ;)

This thread has been closed, thank you.