Phantom links in my index

ClaireCichy / 2014-09-12 21:07:06   

I am trying to create links to new sections on my site and can't figure out how to do it.
Under my name on the title page the cursor detects something at some point though you cant see any link there.
Having a lot of trouble with figuring out how to create links in general.
Thanks.

ClaireCichy / 2014-09-12 21:07:55   

clairecichy.com

Vaska A / 2014-09-12 22:09:23   

Hi Claire:

Happy to see you here finally. ;)

The first thing you need to do is go back to the Indexhibit Style plugin (Admin > Plugins > Indexhibit Style [options] and choose colors for each of the link inputs. You do this by choosing the color picker, then the color, and then click on the round color button near the lower right corner. You will be able to see things in your #index then.

ClaireCichy / 2014-09-12 22:16:29   

Thank you Vaska! Yes. That works. How then do I get those links to actually go to something?

Vaska A / 2014-09-12 22:21:44   

Ok, next (rather common setup) issue.

You have enabled expanding menus but you don't need them right now - simply disable them. What's happening right now - expanding menus MUST have exhibits in their section. Right now, you don't any any exhibits in your Project section (so you don't need expanding menus).

The links do work (without expanding menus).

clairecichy.com/index.php/project/

ClaireCichy / 2014-09-12 22:30:25   

Thank you so much.

Vaska A / 2014-09-12 22:32:34   

Keep going, Claire. I'm here to help. These were really easy things. I'm sorry it took you some time to post in here...

Search the forum. Ask the question. It gets easier - you just have to get used to the process and you might even learn some useful things too. ;)

This thread has been closed, thank you.